Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War in the Pacific Full Campaign -WIP

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> War in the Pacific Full Campaign -WIP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War in the Pacific Full Campaign -WIP - 10/15/2018 6:40:23 PM   
Rising-Sun

Been working on this new mod as War in the Pacific Full Campaign (scenario #1) improving it in some ways and will be saved in slot #99. Why I am doing this? I almost started a new game other days and noticed few things need to be corrected. Also find a lot of things I wanted to change as well. So I will add a list of change to that mod below. And like to get this project done by 1st December and hopefully I can start by the 7th December this year. Not sure if any of you guys willing to check it out as vs. AI or two players.

*Fuchida, Mitsuo (captain) will be assign to Akagi torpedo air group. Not sure why it wasn't assign, so I fix it.
*Correct spelling for Hatsushimo (Hatsuharu Class).
*Arizona and Oklahoma will have serious damage since they are memorial. So there around 60 to 70 percent they will sink after Pearl is attacked.
*Force Z will arrive near Kota Bharu on 10th of December, 1941. A chance they will see some actions before something bad happen.
*Added Midwestern USA that include Oklahoma and Texas, provides oils and aircraft production.
*Aircraft Factories redone and are in correct order by date.
*Industrial are redone and most of it will have to be repair, esp Allied side that are gearing up for war.
*Resource Centers will provide 10 resources instead of 20.
*Heavy Industrial require 20 resources and 1 fuel point, instead of 2 fuel points.
*Light Industrial require 10 resources instead of 15 and provide 2 supplies instead of one.
*Refineries now provide additional supply, provide 2 instead of 1.
*Slightly raise Morale for the Chinese Units.
*No free inbound daily supplies or fuel for bases.
*Some aircraft have been modified as well air-aircraft weapons, since the center line have too much accuracy hit rating.

Additional backup folders for Japan Themes, incase you want to play the Japanese or leave as it is.
Also have this beautiful map and I have improve it some. That map is also in backup, incase you want to keep your original map as it is. But it wont show that Midwestern USA though, just a USA flag.
Thanks for MakeeLearn for making that map (Bellum Pacifica) but this one is Version 2 and didn't like the Version 3, since the rails and roads are too dark.

< Message edited by Rising-Sun -- 10/28/2018 1:36:47 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: War in the Pacific Full Campaign -WIP - 10/15/2018 6:40:37 PM   
Rising-Sun

Just finish setting up the Soviet side and noticed that their aircrafts such as I-15bis, I-153 and I-16m24 with extreme accuracy rating on the center line with 7.62mm ShKAS MGs. So I went through some of my books and even check on Wikipedia for more details. Remember reading about those aircrafts having a difficult time to hitting their target due to high agile airframe. Extremely maneuverability and extremely high accurate with their guns in the center line doesn't add up. So reducing 7.62mm ShKAS MG accuracy by half and some of their plane's maneuver slightly reduce as well. So I cant touch the center line, probably hardcoded.

I remember flying with my dad when I was little, little piper plane and others. When flying something small and very agile, it is hard to stay on your target while in flight or pin point accuracy. Also depend on how sensitive the flight stick is too. Watch some videos compare aircraft's size and well airframe. Anyway back to the topic, going to go over these aircraft and see if they fit in.

< Message edited by Rising-Sun -- 10/20/2018 11:39:01 AM >

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 2
RE: War in the Pacific Full Campaign -WIP - 10/15/2018 9:28:52 PM   
Enforcer

great.. may be better for the IJN early

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 3
RE: War in the Pacific Full Campaign -WIP - 10/16/2018 4:56:29 AM   
Yaab

Check my pots #218, 219 and 220 for database chnages to scen 1, Allied side
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4037697&mpage=8�

(in reply to Enforcer)
Post #: 4
RE: War in the Pacific Full Campaign -WIP - 10/16/2018 6:47:36 AM   
Rising-Sun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Check my pots #218, 219 and 220 for database chnages to scen 1, Allied side
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4037697&mpage=8�

Thanks Yaab, I don't think I will have the time to go over all that have changed in those scenarios. The database is pretty huge and it will take hours to go over them compare to mine. But however if someone point out what I can improve such as AI battle planner, etc.

Any suggestion will help, but I don't want to over do this that doesn't feel like it actually happen back in those days. I do know that the production were way off from the start, USA as well allied had limited industrial capacity after Pearl Harbor was hit. What I did here is those factories and well aircraft plants will have to be repaired. Every one of them was fully repaired, and it shouldn't be. I also reduce some aircraft output that was forward to front line, for example, the Russia had most of their planes merged near Moscow to deal with Germany and same for Brits in Europe. So USA would have to be cut in half in her air production, one for the Pacific and the other is Europe.

I am still going over the database, almost done on the aircraft productions on the Allied side. I didn't move them around though, I did my homework where these plants actually was, but some were off the grid productions such as minor models, etc.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 5
RE: War in the Pacific Full Campaign -WIP - 10/16/2018 7:45:48 AM   
Alfred

Don't use save slot #26 as that has already been used by the DaBabes family of mods.  The DaBabes family of mods already uses the same save slots for their A, B and C variations so you will only be making it more confusing.

The entire DaBabes family of save slots/scenarios is:

#26 Lite A
#27 Lite A
#28 DaBigBabes
#29 DaBigBabes
#30 IronBabes
#31 Philippines
#33 DEI
#34 Guadalcanal
#35 Operation FS
#36 Lite B
#37 Lite B

The RA family of mods use the save slots:

#45 Treaty
#50 RA
#55 BTS
#60 BTS Lite

so these slots should also be avoided.

Andy Mac has also used higher slots for some of his updates official scenarios.  Don't overlook the slots used by Big B, Docup and LargeSlowTarget for their mods which have had a reasonable take up rate.

Alfred

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 6
RE: War in the Pacific Full Campaign -WIP - 10/16/2018 10:24:04 AM   
Rising-Sun

Well that going to be a problem, either you remove that mod or use this one. Guess there are too many save slots used up already. I don't use any of those mods you listed.

Maybe I should abort this mod and keep it for myself. Since there going to be too many complaining going on.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 7
RE: War in the Pacific Full Campaign -WIP - 10/16/2018 12:46:20 PM   
Yaab

By all means proceed the mod. The mod's scenario slot can be always changed if the need arise.

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 8
RE: War in the Pacific Full Campaign -WIP - 10/16/2018 1:00:41 PM   
Rising-Sun

quote:

By all means proceed the mod. The mod's scenario slot can be always changed if the need arise.

Thank you Yaab, all they have to do is remove it unless they have no knowledge how to do it. Simply launch the game and see what slot is used. Otherwise uninstall and delete that folder then reinstall it. Dunno why some players have all that mods and some probably useless, since the game patch itself time to time.

Yes I will proceed and hopefully I have it done by the 1st of December incase you want to start vs. AI or player by the 7th of December.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 9
RE: War in the Pacific Full Campaign -WIP - 10/17/2018 2:45:51 PM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rising-Sun

quote:

Thank you Yaab, all they have to do is remove it unless they have no knowledge how to do it. Simply launch the game and see what slot is used. Otherwise uninstall and delete that folder then reinstall it. Dunno why some players have all that mods and some probably useless, since the game patch itself time to time.

Yes I will proceed and hopefully I have it done by the 1st of December incase you want to start vs. AI or player by the 7th of December.

How arrogant.

1. Some other mods are useless but not yours. Your mod, which based on your OP, has some serious ill consequences which you overlook because of course unlike the others, your mod is perfect.

2. There are 174 available slots to accommodate unofficial mods. There is no where close to that many unofficial mods in existence. All you have to do is save the mod to an unused save slot but no, in your arrogance others can experience totally unnecessary problems or extra work just so that you can use the already used slot #26.

It takes more than an overweening ego and access to the internet to produce a good mod which gets played consistently and widely by others.

Alfred

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 10
RE: War in the Pacific Full Campaign -WIP - 10/17/2018 5:36:24 PM   
Rising-Sun

Oh how arrogant that is, well if you don't like it, then don't use it Alfred.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 11
RE: War in the Pacific Full Campaign -WIP - 10/17/2018 9:32:30 PM   
adarbrauner

heheheh

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> War in the Pacific Full Campaign -WIP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI