Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to do change the location that a lending BP is coming from?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> How to do change the location that a lending BP is coming from? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to do change the location that a lending BP is comi... - 9/28/2018 5:35:21 PM   
jjdenver

For example I don't want a London BP to go to SU, I want a Bombay BP to go to SU - how to change this?
Post #: 1
RE: How to do change the location that a lending BP is ... - 9/28/2018 7:59:59 PM   
paulderynck

Does post #8 in this thread help?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4527868&mpage=1�

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 9/28/2018 8:00:29 PM >

Paul

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 2
RE: How to do change the location that a lending BP is ... - 9/28/2018 8:12:34 PM   
Aranthus

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Does post #8 in this thread help?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4527868&mpage=1�

That is how it's supposed to work in theory. The reality is more like this.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4530238

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 3
RE: How to do change the location that a lending BP is ... - 9/29/2018 4:15:56 PM   
Omnius

Doesn't the rule book state that lent BP's always come from the capital? From a factory that routes it through the capital before shipping it overseas. I think that's different from oil or resources which are supposed to originate from one of those hexes and rout directly to the destination without running through the capital.

(in reply to Aranthus)
Post #: 4
RE: How to do change the location that a lending BP is ... - 9/29/2018 5:57:44 PM   
paulderynck

That may have been the case in an earlier version of WiF but RAW7 says: "You do this in exactly the same way as you transport resources..."

Paul

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 5
RE: How to do change the location that a lending BP is ... - 9/30/2018 3:12:56 PM   
Omnius

pauldernyk,
That would certainly simplify game play, hopefully the game will start working that way soon. I'm still waiting for oilers to improve the frustrating convoy system.

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 6
RE: How to do change the location that a lending BP is ... - 10/3/2018 1:07:08 PM   
jjdenver

I have continued to have problems so agree with Aranthus.

In addition how do you save a lent BP somewhere else? In this screenshot US is sending 1 BP to CW but it can't be saved in Canada - game is trying to force it to London. But rules say:
"During the production step, you transport the promised build points to any city or major port in the recipient’s home country (current home country in the case of the Commonwealth). You do this in exactly the same way as you transport resources (see 13.6.1), except that you can also transport an additional 2 build points to the capital and 1 to each other city and major port cumulative, each turn (e.g. you could transport 6 build points to London each turn; 2 for being the capital, 3 for the factories and 1 for the major port in the hex). Promised build points that can’t be transported are lost. "

I can't remember if this also stops for example CW from transporting BP's to an isolate Murmansk but I'm guessing it will - is there any way to do this? (you can see in pic that the save build point button isn't active)

Thanks

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 7
RE: How to do change the location that a lending BP is ... - 10/3/2018 9:48:25 PM   
paulderynck

BPs must go to the UK by the rules. This is one of the exceptions to the CW home country rule - yeah, they are all home countries but not for all purposes.

Oil can go to Canada.

You should be able to send BPs lent to USSR to Murmansk but as a minor port, only 5 BPs/oil/resources - in total - can land there and if pocketed, then only one BP may be used for USSR production unless factories have been railed there and are operating again.

MWiF will not let you transport and utilize more than this limit all during the same production phase even if a storage location is not pocketed. You'll need to move them around first so that only one BP is used per city, major port and/or factory where the BPs are stored. MWiF is more limiting about this rule then the way we always played it over the board. (i.e. we allowed the BPs to transport and be used per the specified limits all in the same production phase, so as long as you had a reasonable railnet still in place, you could pretty much spend all saved BPs)

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 10/3/2018 9:59:32 PM >

Paul

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> How to do change the location that a lending BP is coming from? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI