Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet Rifle Division build-up from brigades question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Soviet Rifle Division build-up from brigades question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet Rifle Division build-up from brigades question - 9/25/2018 8:04:32 PM   
Kielec

The manual says (7.5.3.1) that three Soviet Rifle Brigades may be combined (built-up?) into a Rifle Division as of turn 1. Well, I'm turn 15 and it still doesn't seem to work. All three brigades are in the same Army, have plenty MPs (manual says "zero MP - no good"), all three are Rifle Brigades (not Naval). I'm trying to merge them by clicking the whatever split/combine button up top. No joy.
What gives? Am I missing anything?
Post #: 1
RE: Soviet Rifle Division build-up from brigades question - 9/25/2018 8:16:32 PM   
STEF78

You cannot do it before may 1942 since 1.08.09

(in reply to Kielec)
Post #: 2
RE: Soviet Rifle Division build-up from brigades question - 9/25/2018 9:01:06 PM   
Denniss

see the addition in red color below 7.5.3.1, change already made in 1.03 Beta 2 according to this

(in reply to STEF78)
Post #: 3
RE: Soviet Rifle Division build-up from brigades question - 9/26/2018 9:39:12 PM   
Kielec

Thanks!

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 4
RE: Soviet Rifle Division build-up from brigades question - 9/26/2018 9:43:22 PM   
Kielec

So the only "build-up" before May 1942 (when one can create Soviet Rifle divisions out of Brigades, now also Naval, I reckon) is the Soviet Cavalry Corps which kicks in in December 1941, that correct?

(in reply to Kielec)
Post #: 5
RE: Soviet Rifle Division build-up from brigades question - 9/27/2018 7:12:42 AM   
Stelteck

Yes soviet cavalry, then tank corps, then rifle corps.

Carefull, it is not sûre that the early built up from brigade to division worth it. Sometimes, it is very interesting to have cheap expandable units for delaying actions. Brigades are best for that.

(in reply to Kielec)
Post #: 6
RE: Soviet Rifle Division build-up from brigades question - 9/27/2018 5:09:45 PM   
Kielec

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stelteck

Carefull, it is not sûre that the early built up from brigade to division worth it. Sometimes, it is very interesting to have cheap expandable units for delaying actions. Brigades are best for that.

Thanks, Stelteck.
Precisely my sentiment. Also, a bunch of brigades can provide for much missing flexibility that the Germans have with their regimental split, and the Soviets lack. And when you look into the TOE, even a 41c Rifle Division has a full compliment of only 11430 men, while a 41 Rifle Brigade has 4250 men in it... The Divisional TOE (in men terms) sinks down to 9000 by 43, while the brigades go up to 5k+. I haven't bothered to grind through weapons, but something tells me most of the heavier kick comes from the SU anyway, so why bother. The devil may be hidden in that detail, though.

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 7
RE: Soviet Rifle Division build-up from brigades question - 9/27/2018 5:30:50 PM   
Stelteck

Also, when you will create rifle corps, it is cheaper to mixt 2 divisions and one brigades than 3 divisions.

So keep your brigades. (And built tons more).

(in reply to Kielec)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Soviet Rifle Division build-up from brigades question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI