Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Speed of TOE changes?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Speed of TOE changes? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Speed of TOE changes? - 9/23/2018 5:43:37 PM   
Dili

For my Mediterranean scenario i have a situation with Italian Army, in begin October 1940 several divisions partially or severely demobilized roughly the divisional infantry squads went from 216 to 144(partially demobilized) or 72(severely demobilized) , there are other reductions but this gives a sense of the scale. About 20 days later Mussolini decides to attack Greece in 28 October and the divisions are now ordered to be complete again. Of course in November, December when these divisions were sent to the front in Albania they were still depleted and sent piecemeal.

How it is the best way to handle this within game engine.

Q1: Does a TOE change in begin of October reducing the unit sizes makes the units depleted by late October or there remains many of now "extra" squads?

Q2: how much it takes in game days for example for a division reduced to 72 infantry squads and other reductions return to the TOE of 216 squads?
Post #: 1
RE: Speed of TOE changes? - 9/24/2018 9:17:38 AM   
inqistor

LCU generally do not shed extra Devices. They keep them, until destroyed, so you would probably need to keep Division divided into Regiments, and set disband date for two of them. Since they were sent piecemental, that shouldn't be far from truth.

Replacement Devices came from well supplied nearby Bases, but that reduces LCU exp. You can expect 1-3 new Devices per day, in area with many Bases. It would be probably better to create LCU fragment, and allow parent Division to combine with this fragment.

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 2
RE: Speed of TOE changes? - 9/24/2018 11:37:08 AM   
Dili

Ok, that is a problem, i don't have enough slots for that, probably they have to arrive in game depleted which brings another problems of another kind. Thanks, Inquistor.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Speed of TOE changes? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI