Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Japanese tankers via the editor!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> New Japanese tankers via the editor! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Japanese tankers via the editor! - 9/21/2018 1:35:03 PM   
m10bob

Again, using the Ian Allen reference book "Japanese Warships of WW2", page 338 reveals a class of tankers not in he WITP AE database.
They are listed as the Shiretoko class and nine of them were used during the war as oilers.
Built in 1919, they displaced 14050 tons and were designed to carry 8000 tons of oil.
In order, they are the Erimo,Hayatomo,Iro,Naruto,Ondo,Sata,Shiretoko, Shiriya, and the Tsurumi.
(Another of the class was converted to carry seaplanes before the war so I did not include it in this class.
To create them, I used blank ship class slot#1525...The free ship slots I used were 10864 thru 10872.(These are all in the RHS folder so be sure to make sure your folder has those slots free before you SAVE anything to them!!!)

The easiest way for me to create the class was to find a similar sized tanker class, and copy/paste the class to the empty slot I used.
The speed of the class is 12, cruise is 11.Endurance is 13000,Fuel 2130, maneuver 20(older ships).Durability 26.
Troop capacity 300, bulk cargo is 1800...Again, the fuel/oil carried is 8000 tons.
Bitmap 322, all available 12/41...Wpns slots 1-4 in order are 1675(front),1675(rear)1683(left side),1683(right side)
The larger guns have 12 rounds each, the smaller have 18 each...SAVE!!!

On the ships screen, go to the open slots I mentioned above, (or slots of your choosing) ..Go to the SHIP CLASS slot near the top and type in the number you used for the class..It will auto-populate most of the slots for you from your preiously SAVED class screen.
Do this 9 times in the open slots you chose....Manually name them in the order I listed above.(Save often so you don't lose anything)...
I assigned them all to command 016 (Rengo Kantai) and location is #252,(Tokyo)...The captain is random.I gave them day/night ratings in the 20 to 30 range as they are not combat trained.
Of course the "Delay" on this page is 411206.

Have fun...Hope someone finds this useful?

EDIT:I also found more info for these ships on Wikipedia, but the stats and history they provide do not match all this reference book gives...Still useful.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notoro-class_oiler

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by m10bob -- 9/21/2018 2:00:51 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: New Japanese tankers via the editor! - 9/21/2018 2:34:25 PM   
Mike Solli

You may want to check scenario 1. That class is there, to include the Notoro, which is an AO in the game. They are all listed by the names you listed.

You did confirm that 1 point of fuel/oil is equal to 1 ton. They carry 8000 points of fuel/oil.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 2
RE: New Japanese tankers via the editor! - 9/21/2018 4:13:20 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

You may want to check scenario 1. That class is there, to include the Notoro, which is an AO in the game. They are all listed by the names you listed.

You did confirm that 1 point of fuel/oil is equal to 1 ton. They carry 8000 points of fuel/oil.

MIKE!!!...Thank you, I re-red your post and now I understand your info was correct..You were referring to the original un-modifed scenerio#1, I was referring to #122 (RHS)...I do not know why these ships were not included in RHS but at least I am confident that the reference book DID include ships which were not in the OOB of RHS..

All of these ships I have been including in my mod notes are ships either not found in RHS, or given the wrong ship-type altogether.

< Message edited by m10bob -- 9/23/2018 1:10:36 PM >

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> New Japanese tankers via the editor! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI