Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Love the editor!..New Japanese ship class.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Love the editor!..New Japanese ship class. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Love the editor!..New Japanese ship class. - 9/18/2018 2:18:22 PM   
m10bob

Using the reference book Japanese Warships of WW2 from the Ian Allen series, page 322 reports the IJN took four ex-merchant cargo ships and converted them to MTB Depot ships.

Using the editor I replicated them as I could not find them in the ships in-game database.

(I use the RHS scenario 122 ships base but this may be the same for other versions as well, in this case.
1.Go to SHIPS CLASS..(I used open slot 1521 and pasted the info from slot#2067, (which is your basic insignificant cargo ship) for the general bmp and speed, size, etc.)
2.Name this new class the KAMIKAZE MARU..It will be TYPE 42(PT Tender)..ALWAYS save, but thank goodness the editor will hold the page for you if you forget.
3.Go to SHIPS..I went to open slots 10855, 106856, 10857 and 10858.The ships (in order) are the Kamikaze Maru,Nihonkai Maru, Shinsho Maru, and Shuri Maru. **When you put them in the slot 1521 class, it will auto-fill most of your slots for you!***
4.I started all at location 228,Kure naval Base...Delay is 411206.HQ is #016 Rengo Kantai.
5.The first ship is armed with 2 #1675 uns, one on the bow, one on the stern, and you can keep the small AAMG's which you acquired with the copy/paste of the original merchant ship at the very beginning.
The next 3 ships were armed with 2 #1679, same positions as the first ship.(I gave these guns 12 rounds each, less than a DD for instance as they won't be planning on going into combat, lol
I gave each a generic cargo of 500 bulk, and 150 liquid.(Not much but these are for patrol boats, and the japanese have a lot of them!)

Be sure to save them.

NOTE:The following website indicates the first ship was converted to tender both Destroyers and MTB's, so you have the option of making it an AD as well.

***Using the info gleaned from this website, I got more detailed info on the original ship Kamikaze Maru, and it IS in the WITP AE database, but is wrongfully assigned as a transport on "day one"..
Using the info from this same website, I found the names of the sister ship and used one which is NOT in the database, and I swapped names, so slot#1337 should be changed to read "Sinryu Maru"

http://archive.divernet.com/wrecks/p306069--kamikaze-maru-.html

< Message edited by m10bob -- 9/18/2018 2:43:16 PM >

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Love the editor!..New Japanese ship class. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI