Shannon V. OKeets
From: Honolulu, Hawaii
Attached is a zipped file that contains the new MWIF.exe: version 02.09.01.00. It also contains the release notes shown below.
If this version performs well over the next few days, we'll release it as a Public Beta (for NetPlay) next week.
Release Notes for Version 02.09.01.00
(changes since Hot Patch 02.09.00.04)
All Modes of Play
1. Fixed a problem with determining how many US Entry markers are drawn/removed when more than 1 major power declares war on an enemy major, or when 1 major power declares war on 2 enemy major powers. There are certain combinations of DOW’s by major powers on enemy major powers when one less US Entry Actions occur (e.g., when the Commonwealth and France both declare war on Germany at the start of Global War).
2. Added the information on what the die roll was for drawing US Entry markers when the number of markers depends on a die roll.
3. Several corrections to air-to-air combat for NetPlay (listed below) also fixed the same problems in Solitaire and Head-to-head play.
4. Fixed a problem with Vichy French air units not being able to fly air support for a naval combat unless a German air unit could also fly air support. Now the German player (or the Italian if Italy controls Vichy France) gets to fly the Vichy France air units in support.
5. Fixed a problem with returning Vichy France air units to base sometimes halting the game.
6. Modified the message about which units receive anti-aircraft fire so it displays the side (Axis or Allied) instead of a specific major power (since there can be air units from different major powers receiving the AA fire).
7. Removed a diagnostic message about carrier air units landing on their carriers.
8. Added a text message for all players identifying each unit by name when a Vichy French land unit defects.
9. Fixed a problem with merging all convoys.
10. Eliminated a player being asked twice whether he wants to commit his subs.
11. Changed the disposition of governed areas (territories not part of a minor country or major power) which have previously been conquered, and whose original controlling major power is completely conquered. Previously, these would be converted to neutral minor countries if no major power had ‘influence’ in the governed area. Now the status of a conquered governed area is unchanged when its original controlling major power is completely conquered. The most common case for this is when Sardinia (originally owned by Italy) has previously been completely conquered by the US or Commonwealth and then Italy is completely conquered.
12. Corrected the placement/alignment of a message panel on the Main form.
13. Reset the color settings for the game that had gotten modified in an earlier Hot Patch..
14. Fixed a problem with advancing from Phasing Naval Combat to Non-phasing Naval Combat.
15. Modified how Head-to-head saved games are named so they always start with “H2H - “. This makes them similar to NetPlay saved games that always begin with “NP - “. The primary purpose behind this change is so there are (potentially) 3 groups of autosaved games: those beginning with H2H, those beginning with NP, and those without a special prefix. By having 3 groups, it is less likely that players with accidently overwrite a game that was saved automatically.
16. Fixed a problem with continuing an air-to-air combat when there is only one air unit capable of taking the result of the first die roll (e.g., AC).
17. Added a check to avoid a fatal error if the list of units in a sea area is incorrect (and includes a unit that isn’t there). This only happens if the game was damaged somehow.
18. Fixed several problems with air-to-air-combat (e.g., advancing to the second round of an air-to-air combat, advancing to another air-to-air combat.). These were newly/recently introduced problems.
19. Fixed a problem that rarely occurs for air-to-air combat over land hexes where two different major powers conduct land missions (e.g., in ground support when Commonwealth and USSR attacking separate German hexes). Previously switching to the air-to-air combat for the second hex would halt the game (because a different major power was conducting the air mission.
20. Fixed a problem with applying anti-aircraft fire from the attacking side’s AA units (on the defending side’s bombers) in a ground support air mission.
Perfection is an elusive goal.