Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> PBEM problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM problems - 9/1/2018 4:52:03 PM   
timolang63

New player trying pbem game w/1 other human. I am client, not host. Have put all pbm, sav, dat files in commin file.

Open game and click 'load game,' sav file loads apparently correctly. But unable to setup French as it seems stuck in Russian setup phase.

Anyway, if someone either has step-by-step instructions or could help us through the process we'd much appreciate it.
Post #: 1
RE: PBEM problems - 9/2/2018 1:05:04 PM   
pzgndr

OK, first of all, the .sav and .dat files should go in the \Save folder, so when you click "Load Game" you can select your game save. The .pbm game files (human and AI files from the other player's \commout folder) should go in your \commin folder. When you open your game from the save, you then need to advance through all of the other player phases to get to your phase. See step #8 for host in the user manual instructions on page 18, step #7 for client on page 19:

quote:

As Host: 8. Next, click the “Load Email Turn File” button found on the top menu bar and load all Major Power
turn files that preceded your turn and then setup your forces or load a saved setup file.

quote:

As Client: 7. If it is not your turn, click the “Load Email Turn File” button found on the top menu bar and load
any Major Power turn files that precede your turn. When it is finally your SETUP PHASE turn,
setup your forces or load a saved setup file.

Based on the number of new players getting into PBEM games, I have considered clarifying the User Manual instructions and I am open to suggestions. One clarification is that players should be exchanging zipped files to avoid possible data corruption. Other than that, the v1.22 updated User Manual dated 3/20/2018 in both the \Manuals and \Data\docs folders provides accurate instructions. If we can make this better, let me know. At some point I could put together a pdf tutorial with step-by-step instructions and screenshots. Maybe that would help.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by pzgndr -- 9/2/2018 1:12:28 PM >

Bill
Empires in Arms Development Team

(in reply to timolang63)
Post #: 2
RE: PBEM problems - 9/3/2018 4:43:01 PM   
timolang63

For whatever reason this is not working. For example, on p.19 of the manual under client step 6 it asks for a move file not a sav file.

Would you be willing to walk through a setup/start with me? You as host, me as client and 5 AIs?

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 3
RE: PBEM problems - 9/3/2018 6:06:20 PM   
pzgndr

quote:

ORIGINAL: timolang63
For whatever reason this is not working. For example, on p.19 of the manual under client step 6 it asks for a move file not a sav file.
Would you be willing to walk through a setup/start with me? You as host, me as client and 5 AIs?

Step 6 discusses setting up your forces (manually) or loading a saved setup file?

I don't have time today, but maybe tomorrow I'll whip up a quick PBEM tutorial of sorts. I spent plenty of time running hotseat PBEM playtests for the loan money issue, so I got the routine down pretty good. There's just a couple of confusing steps to get a game going, but after that it's pretty smooth, unless the PBEM Admin needs to get involved to fix something.

Bill

(in reply to timolang63)
Post #: 4
RE: PBEM problems - 9/4/2018 5:19:28 PM   
pzgndr

Alright, I've posted a PBEM Get Started Tutorial up above. Hopefully this will help new players get up to speed and be able to participate in PBEM games, either as host or client.

Bill

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> PBEM problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI