Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

victory conditions 1942

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> victory conditions 1942 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
victory conditions 1942 - 8/24/2018 1:26:21 PM   
tigercub

can Japan win in 1942? the book says Once 365 days have been played into a scenario, there is a possibility that the game will
end immediately due to an Automatic Victory Condition. grand campaign 2

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
Post #: 1
RE: victory conditions 1942 - 8/24/2018 1:33:51 PM   
btd64

January 1st, 1943 is when auto victory can be had. It's just a little pasted December 7th, 41....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

I don't like paying for the same real estate twice..Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 2
RE: victory conditions 1942 - 8/24/2018 1:56:04 PM   
tigercub

thats not what the book says!quote (Once 365 days have been played into a scenario, there is a possibility that the game will
end immediately due to an Automatic Victory Condition.)

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 3
RE: victory conditions 1942 - 8/24/2018 2:09:41 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: tigercub

thats not what the book says!quote (Once 365 days have been played into a scenario, there is a possibility that the game will
end immediately due to an Automatic Victory Condition.)

Read http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4469082&mpage=1&key=auto%2Dvictory�

especially Post 11.

The Moose

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 4
RE: victory conditions 1942 - 8/24/2018 2:31:48 PM   
ITAKLinus

Still, I don't remember whether, once an AV has been achieved and players decided to go on, victory conditions remain.

What I mean is: let's suppose that I achieve an AV in Jan 1943 as Jap. Then we decide to go on and continue the game (it's allowed if I'm not wrong).

But... Is there any check later on or we have to do checks manually? For example, I would like to give the Allied player the possibility to win in 1945/6 even if an AV has been triggered in early '43.

It's becoming relevant to me, since I am in mid July '42 and somehow approaching the treshold. With the last fight in Bataan and over 40k allied casualites I did a tons of points that, together with the imminent assaults at Bombay and Celyon, would bring me well over the 4>1 ratio.

Please note that is Scen1,if it matters (dont't think so, though)

Francesco

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 5
RE: victory conditions 1942 - 8/24/2018 2:36:17 PM   
tigercub

thx Moose clears it up...and tells me no way to win early 4 to one is beyond any normal Japanese player to achieve a win unless it was an AI or a very poor Allied player.

Tigercub

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 6
RE: victory conditions 1942 - 8/24/2018 2:38:43 PM   
tigercub

Francesco playing the AI i assume?

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 7
RE: victory conditions 1942 - 8/24/2018 2:54:02 PM   
ITAKLinus

quote:

ORIGINAL: tigercub

Francesco playing the AI i assume?

Oh not at all. I am at my second game (with the first lasted until 1st of Aug 1942) and currently I am against an extremely experienced Allied player.

I have suprised him in several occasions at a strategic level, so now we are in a weird situation.

Basically:
I decided to bomb Manila instead of PH but I skipped Philippines in my process of conquest, taking immediately Singapore with overwhelming forces (Signers fell on 3rd of Jan 1942 at the second deliberate I think).
Then I landed at the end of January in Diamond Harbour in front of Calcutta, cutting off the whole British army in Burma.
Between February and March I conquered the DEI and Burma region while sieging Calcutta.

In June Calcutta fell after 5 months of siege and enemy lines in the zone were trashed. Now I am marching happily on Indian bases.

I have also destroyed the RN in the process (3xCV CVL Hermes and 3 or 4 BB sunk in Bengala Gulf).

Beginning of May I landed in Luzon with roughly 4,000AV and I have captured everything.

In the meanwhile I am advancing in China as well, where I arrived at the border of the map. Chinese are holding Chungking plains and Chihkiang as strongpoints.

Everything came at a price, though: my expansion in Pacific has been modest and I am holding the line Milne Bay / Guadalcanal / Gilbert. No expansions in Southern regions. I don't even own Port Moresby or Darwin.

So the Allied has lost many many important bases and a huge amount of troops: I did a lot of points because of these two things.
Moreover, I lost just a CA (a ****ing mine in front of Calcutta) among major ships.

Francesco

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 8
RE: victory conditions 1942 - 8/24/2018 2:59:53 PM   
ITAKLinus

Here you can find my AAR>

http://www.netwargamingitalia.net/forum/threads/aar-%C3%80-la-guerre-comme-%C3%A0-la-guerre-linus-j-vs-ste_peterpan-a.30732/

I know that's in Italian but I think you can see something looking at maps ahahahah

The red line in the image is my current positioning in India. I have 12 Infantry Divisions free of garrison duties that are marching against the British remnants (estimation of 700-800AV net of garrisons).
Purple circles represents current enemy concentrations (300AV and 400AV respectively)

Attachment (1)

Francesco

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 9
RE: victory conditions 1942 - 8/24/2018 5:33:36 PM   
rustysi

quote:

I know that's in Italian but I think you can see something looking at maps

I'll have my daughter translate.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> victory conditions 1942 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI