Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hot Patch Version 02.09.00.00

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Hot Patch Version 02.09.00.00 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hot Patch Version 02.09.00.00 - 8/18/2018 7:57:07 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

Attached is a zipped file that contains the new MWIF.exe: version 02.09.00.00. It also contains the Release Notes shown below.

There are several important fixes in this version. #13 in particular.

===
Release Notes for Version 02.09.00.00
(changes since Hot Patch 02.08.09.04)

All Modes of Play

DOW
1. Fixed a problem with the US getting an opportunity to draw an extra US Entry marker (or markers) when two major powers declare war on the same major power (e.g., Commonwealth and France DOW Germany), or when one major power declares war to two major powers (e.g., Italy DOWs both Commonwealth and France) - during the same impulse.

2. Fixed a non-fatal error when surrendering a minor country rather than aligning it.

Air Operations
3. Modified the code for when calculating air-to-air combat odds is made so the odds are calculated for both die rolls during the defender’s fire sub-subphase. The attacker’s odds are set aside and used later when the attacker’s die roll is made. This modification means that changes to attacking fighters or bombers caused by the defender’s die roll can no longer affect the odds for the second die roll.

4. Fixed a possible problem with air-to-air combat where the program would halt after one side aborted their units from the combat.

5. Fixed a problem with defensive Anti-aircraft fire during port attacks sometimes halting the program.

Naval Operations
6. Fixed a newly created bug where the program didn’t advance from the Naval Movement phase to the Naval Combat phase. This problem was easy to work around by simply restoring the automatically saved start of the naval combat phase.

7. Added some code for restoring saved games so if the save occurred in the middle of a naval combat (say after a round or two) and units have already entered the Naval Abort Queue, then the NextQueueNumber is set to be higher than the highest queue number of all the units in abort queue. Previously, whenever a saved game was restored, the NextQueueNumber was reinitialized to 1, which meant that units from both sides could end up having the same abort queue number. That would cause a fatal error later when trying to return the aborted units to base.

8. Fixed a problem with calculating the search number for intercepted naval units returning to base. If there were no other friendly units in the sea area, it had been set to -1 instead of zero, which caused the surprise points to be off by 1 for the intercepting side.

9. Added a check so units that are aborting from a sea area are not included in calculating the search number for whether a section box is included in a combat. Previously an aborting carrier, carrying carrier air units, could improve the search capability of the units in a section box. Note that when playing with the optional rule for variable carrier air unit searches, a carrier air unit with a range of 7 would improve the search by +2 (instead of the normal +1).

10. Modified the code so only convoys belonging to the same source country (i.e., the original owning country) can be merged. For example, merging Commonwealth convoys with Danish convoys is no longer possible, even though the Commonwealth ‘owns’ the convoys that were originally Danish. This change is primarily for NetPlay where weird things happened sometimes when merging convoys from different source countries.

11. Modified the code for centering the detailed map on the sea area selected for naval combat between the #2 section boxes, instead of the center of the sea area in general.

12. Fixed a problem with carrier air units that can only fly as fighters in a naval air combat being destroyed when they try to return to their carriers. This was caused by the carrier air unit never being unloaded from the carrier at the start of the naval combat - so the program data indicated there was no room on the carrier for the fighter (it was already on the carrier).

Production Planning
13. Added a check to the initialization routine for production planning so saved oil points are only initialized to Save if they have neither a Default or Override setting.

Reform
14. Fixed a problem with reforming divisional motorized SS units where the program was incorrectly displaying a non-SS unit as a possible corps to be reorganized, but then correctly forcing the corps unit to be an SS unit. Now the program only displays SS corps as possibilities.

Peace
15. Fixed a non-fatal error by removing some unnecessary code from processing a conquered territory.

16. Fixed a problem where liberated minor countries remained at war with major powers on the same side as the liberating major power. For instance, prior to this change, when the Commonwealth liberated a Vichy France minor country (e.g., Morocco), other Allied major powers would remain at war with the liberated minor country (Morocco). This mainly affected the use of the liberated minor country’s ports.

Head-to-Head Play

Naval Operations
17. Fixed a newly created problem with not skipping non-phasing naval combat when there are none.

18. Fixed a problem with only letting one side decide about committing submarines in a naval combat (also occurred in Solitaire)..

NetPlay

Air Operations
19. Added a check to prevent air mission phases (e.g., the port attack phase) from advancing to the Antiaircraft Fire subphase until after all carrier air units have returned to their carriers. This also prevents the air mission subphase from changing/advancing whenever a digression is in progress.

20. Added an informative message about search roll values, winning major power, and the number of surprise points for each port attack.

21. Rewrote the code for processing air-to-air combats for port attacks so when there are multiple port attacks involving carrier air units from both sides, from multiple sea areas, the program completes all the air-to-air combats before advancing to the anti-aircraft fire subphase. Specifically, all the fighters for each port attack return to their carriers one side at a time, with the attacker’s carrier air units returning first, followed by the defender’s returning second. Only then does the game proceed to the next air-to-air combat. Only after all the air-to-air combats are finished, does the program resolve anti-aircraft fire.

22. Fixed a problem with the Antiaircraft form sometimes appearing for the wrong side.

23. Added a check to avoid a non-fatal error in displaying the Anti-aircraft form, when it doesn’t need to be displayed.

Naval Operations
24. Fixed a problem with both sides in a naval combat deciding to not commit their subs causing the program to halt.

25. Fixed a problem with returning carrier air units to their carriers halting the game.

26. Added a text message so the side not initiating a naval combat gets to see whether the initiating side decided to Stay or Abort, before deciding whether to Stay or Abort.

27. Fixed a problem with redundant prompts for Abort/Stay for another naval combat round.

28. Fixed a problem with both players being able to move an aborted naval unit which could have been intercepted but either the interception failed or was not attempted. Now only the controlling major power can move the aborted unit.

29. Added a check at the end of the phasing side’s naval combat phase so the phase will advance to the non-phasing side’s naval combat phase when the Axis is playing the phasing side.

30. Added a check at the end of the non-phasing side’s naval combat phase so the phase will advance to Strategic Bombing when the Axis is playing the non-phasing side.

31. Fixed a problem with initiating naval combats by the non-phasing side where some sea areas were sometimes skipped and the game advanced to the Strategic Bombing phase too soon.

Production
32. Fixed a fatal error in Production when the optional rule Unlimited Breakdown is in use.

Other
33. Fixed a problem where the number of offensive chits available to a major was reduced twice whenever the major power used an offensive chit [1 for the price of 2!].

34. Fixed a problem when there is more then 1 overstacked hex that needs to have units destroyed. This arose in a game when the weather changed from snow to rain in the Arctic and units in two lake hexes needed to be destroyed. This correction was also made in a dozen end-of-phase code modules where the program checks for overstacked hexes.

35. Eliminated a loophole where a player could switch his current major power to one on the other side. For example, at times the Axis had been able switch to controlling the USSR.

Attachment (1)

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Post #: 1
RE: Hot Patch Version 02.09.00.00 - 8/18/2018 8:47:51 PM   
paulderynck

deleted

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 8/20/2018 7:37:25 PM >

Paul

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 2
RE: Hot Patch Version 02.09.00.00 - 8/19/2018 2:11:40 AM   
BrianJH

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

DOW
1. Fixed a problem with the US getting an opportunity to draw an extra US Entry marker (or markers) when two major powers declare war on the same major power (e.g., Commonwealth and France DOW Germany), or when one major power declares war to two major powers (e.g., Italy DOWs both Commonwealth and France) - during the same impulse.

The DOW fix didn't work for me. It's still removing two US Entry markers when CW and France DOW Germany at the start of the 2nd impulse of the Global War Scenario.

Save attached.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3
RE: Hot Patch Version 02.09.00.00 - 8/19/2018 11:18:52 AM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrianJH

quote:

DOW

The DOW fix didn't work for me. It's still removing two US Entry markers when CW and France DOW Germany at the start of the 2nd impulse of the Global War Scenario.

Save attached.

Bug confirmed.

Peter

(in reply to BrianJH)
Post #: 4
RE: Hot Patch Version 02.09.00.00 - 8/22/2018 7:53:45 PM   
Twisted1

OK, found what I think is a new bug. This has happened multiple times and is fatal.

Attached are two game saves and a screen shot.

Will not advance after unsuccessful searches in a naval sea zone.

Is it a bug?

Attachment (1)

On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.
Adlai E. Stevenson

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 5
RE: Hot Patch Version 02.09.00.00 - 8/22/2018 7:54:11 PM   
Twisted1

part two

Attachment (1)

On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.
Adlai E. Stevenson

(in reply to Twisted1)
Post #: 6
RE: Hot Patch Version 02.09.00.00 - 8/22/2018 7:54:35 PM   
Twisted1

part three

Attachment (1)

Adlai E. Stevenson

(in reply to Twisted1)
Post #: 7
RE: Hot Patch Version 02.09.00.00 - 8/25/2018 8:19:48 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twisted1

OK, found what I think is a new bug. This has happened multiple times and is fatal.

Is it a bug?

I just confirmed this.

It almost certainly has to do with Head-to-head play.

I have another Hot Patch ready to go, but I'll delay (to later today) that until I fix this but you found.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Twisted1)
Post #: 8
RE: Hot Patch Version 02.09.00.00 - 8/26/2018 1:01:48 AM   
Courtenay

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twisted1

Is it a bug?

I just confirmed this.

It almost certainly has to do with Head-to-head play.

I have another Hot Patch ready to go, but I'll delay (to later today) that until I fix this but you found.

Ricky has found another game stopping bug in 2.09; see Tech support for details.

I thought I knew how to play this game....

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Hot Patch Version 02.09.00.00 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI