Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Editor Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Editor Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Editor Question - 8/11/2018 1:48:24 AM   
brianreid

Quick Question. I am new to TOAW, and I would like to tweek some of the existing scenarios. I would like to adjust some of the attack and defense strengths of some of the units in the editor. How do I do that? Also, where can I adjust the movement factor? Thanks in advance for any assistance that you may provide. Brian B.
Post #: 1
RE: Editor Question - 8/11/2018 1:58:34 AM   
sPzAbt653

A & D strengths - these are estimated from the equipment in the unit, so you would have to change equipment in order to see different values. Due to TOAW's versatility, there is almost always something else that can be done to get different results. For example, changing unit proficiencies will change the unit values.

Movement Factors can be changed with the Force Movement Bias setting. Or, you can add or remove transport assets from each unit.

(in reply to brianreid)
Post #: 2
RE: Editor Question - 8/11/2018 2:05:28 AM   
brianreid

Thanks so much for the quick reply. Is there any way to change the proficiency of the units without going into each and every unit and changing them all one by one? Also, where do I find the Force Movement Bias Setting? Thanks.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 3
RE: Editor Question - 8/11/2018 10:20:38 AM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

where do I find the Force Movement Bias Setting?

Good question, because this setting isn't really in a place that is intuitive. In the Editor, go to Edit > Forces, then the Edit Drop Down Menu will contain many entries not found elsewhere.

In the left drop down you can modify the current Force, Formation or Unit. Force Movement Bias is about midway down the middle drop down.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to brianreid)
Post #: 4
RE: Editor Question - 8/11/2018 12:19:02 PM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: brianreid
Is there any way to change the proficiency of the units without going into each and every unit and changing them all one by one?

I know that you can set unit, formation, or force proficiency, but I've never quite understood how they work together--do unit proficiencies overrides formation proficiency, or vice-versa, or what?

(in reply to brianreid)
Post #: 5
RE: Editor Question - 8/11/2018 4:34:06 PM   
sPzAbt653

The shorthand version of proficiency effects that I have committed to memory is: Unit Proficiency affects a units' effectiveness, Formation Proficiency affects a formations ability to stay out of Reorganization, and Force Proficiency is used to check on which round the end of a turn occurs.
Searching the Manual for 'proficiency' will row you down the river of many deeper explanations.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 6
RE: Editor Question - 8/11/2018 5:36:33 PM   
76mm

Thanks Steve...honestly I've read this manual about three times now but some of this stuff is a bit hard to internalize...

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 7
RE: Editor Question - 8/12/2018 2:35:31 AM   
brianreid

Thank you both for the clarifications and the additional questions. It seems to be making more sense to me now. I do have an additional question though. If I want to change the "unit proficiency", how do I do that? Thanks.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 8
RE: Editor Question - 8/12/2018 5:02:40 PM   
sPzAbt653

By unit? The button that looks like a Supply Icon.

(in reply to brianreid)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Editor Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI