Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED] Strike Mission - Minimum number of ready strike a/c doesn't work.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] Strike Mission - Minimum number of ready strike a/c doesn't work. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED] Strike Mission - Minimum number of ready strike... - 8/4/2018 10:04:09 PM   
Uzabit

Hi there, maybe I've misunderstood the "Minimum number of ready strike a/c required to trigger mission" function.

In my understanding, a mission with the setting "3x flights" should trigger when the minimum requirement of ready flights (= 3 flights) is met. So when the flight size is set to section (2x aircraft), a minimum of 3 sections should be ready for the mission to trigger it.

In my example (built on V1.14 Build 998.10 DB 475), the mission triggers anyway, even if there's only one section ready for action.

Can anyone have a look at this?

In my uploaded example I've prepared a strike mission called SCUD Strike for the US side - it has to be activated manually for demonstration purposes.

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 6/7/2019 11:54:22 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Mission Editor - Strike Mission (Land Strike) // po... - 8/4/2018 10:05:33 PM   
Uzabit

Here's the file.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Uzabit)
Post #: 2
RE: Mission Editor - Strike Mission (Land Strike) // po... - 8/7/2018 8:48:49 PM   
Uzabit

Has anybody tried it yet? I tested the function on a separate System with no luck. While "Maximum number of flights allowed to fly mission" works as intended, the corresponding minimum number doesn't seem to have a effect at all.

(in reply to Uzabit)
Post #: 3
RE: Mission Editor - Strike Mission (Land Strike) // po... - 8/7/2018 10:19:32 PM   
ultradave

I tried it as is and it triggered as soon as I set the mission to Active. Set on inactive, it did not trigger. This seemed correct

Started again and readied 2 of the aircraft with a different load out. This left only 2 sections. Set the mission to Active and nothing happened (I didn't run it forward the 6 hours to ready but based on the first test I assume that it would trigger as soon as the 2 aircraft were ready.

As far as I can tell it seems to be working correctly.

----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

(in reply to Uzabit)
Post #: 4
RE: Mission Editor - Strike Mission (Land Strike) // po... - 8/7/2018 10:29:42 PM   
Uzabit

Hmm, that's strange. I'll upload a simplified test file tommorow. When I set the mission to "Active", even without enough aircraft ready, the remaining aircraft start taking off and flying a mission.

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 5
RE: Mission Editor - Strike Mission (Land Strike) // po... - 8/8/2018 8:23:38 PM   
Uzabit

Hey, I've uploaded a simplified demo of the problem. When I start the scenario, the mission should start when all flights are ready. On my computer it starts as soon as the first two planes are ready. The second version in the .zip file has the same mission set to inactive, to show the trigger doesn't interact with the mission status (active/inactive) at all.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Uzabit)
Post #: 6
RE: Mission Editor - Strike Mission (Land Strike) // po... - 8/8/2018 8:30:50 PM   
Uzabit

Here's a pic to show what happens on my system.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Uzabit)
Post #: 7
RE: Mission Editor - Strike Mission (Land Strike) // po... - 8/9/2018 5:52:02 AM   
TyphoonFr

Normally, the parameter "Minimum number of strikes ready to trigger a mission" parameter limits the losses. It deactivates the mission when the number of available aircraft is lower than the selected parameter (3 flight in your case).
In your case it is normal that the mission is triggered since you have put 3 vol 2 A/C and you have 6 A/C available.
It is supposed to deactivate the mission if you have less than 3 flights, with this message
"Mission Strike Mission requires a minimum of 6 aircraft, however only 5 are available"

http://www.warfaresims.com/index.php?s=strike+mission:
quote:

Minimum number of ready strike a / c required to trigger mission: In some cases it makes sense to halt strike operations when losses have reached a certain level. This setting allows the player to set the minimum number of aircraft that must be available for the mission to launch. For instance, a Tu-22M-2 Backfire regiment can be configured to continue strike operations for as long as it can muster 4 flights of 3 aircraft each, i.e. 12 aircraft total.

But you are right, this function works very well with the supports missions and less well (not) in strike mission ....

< Message edited by TyphoonFr -- 8/9/2018 5:54:01 AM >

Christophe

To all English teachers of the forum, sorry if English is not my mother language.

(in reply to Uzabit)
Post #: 8
RE: Mission Editor - Strike Mission (Land Strike) // po... - 12/7/2018 11:17:37 PM   
Uzabit

*bump* I tested this on the latest version 998.16, this function still seems to be nonfunctional. Maybe some dev could look into this.

(Maximum number of flights allowed to fly mission works fine by contrast.)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Uzabit)
Post #: 9
RE: Mission Editor - Strike Mission (Land Strike) // po... - 1/24/2019 11:03:11 AM   
Dimitris

Thanks, logged. We'll take a look when we can.

(in reply to Uzabit)
Post #: 10
RE: Mission Editor - Strike Mission (Land Strike) // po... - 6/7/2019 11:54:02 AM   
Dimitris

Fixed for the next update release.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 11
RE: Mission Editor - Strike Mission (Land Strike) // po... - 6/11/2019 6:51:07 PM   
Uzabit

Thanks a lot!

< Message edited by Uzabit -- 6/11/2019 6:52:07 PM >

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] Strike Mission - Minimum number of ready strike a/c doesn't work. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI