Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Shuttle Function

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Shuttle Function Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Shuttle Function - 8/3/2018 2:17:49 PM   
Icedawg

I think I am doing something wrong when I try using the shuttle function. I've tried several times to shuttle bomber groups to new bases and whenever I do, I find a detachment of the unit at the shuttle base and a copy of the unit back at the original base. I've then tried transferring the copy of the unit to the shuttle base, thinking it would merge with the detachment, but instead, both units are there at the shuttle base when I check. Is this some kind of bug, or am I just not doing something right?

(playing as German in full 1940 campaign by the way)
Post #: 1
RE: Shuttle Function - 8/4/2018 1:03:27 PM   
simovitch

Looking back at the legacy Developer's posts the shuttle function has always had this peculiarity. It needs fixing but I don't think it's a game-breaker.

If you change the aircraft type of the detachment it will dissolve and the planes will return to the replacement pool.

simovitch

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 2
RE: Shuttle Function - 12/27/2018 4:13:29 PM   
simovitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

I think I am doing something wrong when I try using the shuttle function. I've tried several times to shuttle bomber groups to new bases and whenever I do, I find a detachment of the unit at the shuttle base and a copy of the unit back at the original base. I've then tried transferring the copy of the unit to the shuttle base, thinking it would merge with the detachment, but instead, both units are there at the shuttle base when I check. Is this some kind of bug, or am I just not doing something right?

(playing as German in full 1940 campaign by the way)

The shuttle mission has been modified in the upcoming patch so that now when the detached group and parent group share the same airfield the detached group will disband at the end of the turn and re-join the parent after 7 days.

< Message edited by simovitch -- 12/30/2018 6:30:26 PM >

simovitch

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Shuttle Function Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI