From: Crossville, TN
Before I officially set and publish the guidelines to open the contest I wanted to post the DRAFT criteria I have come up with so far for feedback, comments and questions.
2018 Tiger’s on the Hunt (TotH)
Scenario Design Contest
The following information will be used as the criteria, guidelines and requirements for ALL scenario’s submitted for the contest.
• One Nationality must be set to ‘German’.
• The scenario must take place in the European Theater of Operations (includes the Mediterranean Theater outside of North Africa).
• The scenario can take place anytime from September 1941 - May 1945 (time that the Sd.Kfz. 250/7 was in active service).
• Scenario cannot exceed 8 Turns.
• Historical availability requirements will be in force meaning if you design for 1941, you cannot include Tiger II’s, etc., in your scenario and so on.
• German OOB must include 2x Sd.Kfz. 250/7 (Schützenpanzerwagen (schwerer Granatwerfer)) vehicles or their equivalent (each can be substituted with a Sd.Kfz. 250/1 and dismounted 81mm mortar w/Crew).
• Finished scenarios will not require the use of custom Mod’s (they must be designed to be played using the base ‘Tiger’s on the Hunt’ game engine).
• The scenario should be designed specifically to be played from one side only (German, Russian, American or British). Do not worry about balancing ‘from both sides’. This is a solitaire game and I want to lessen the extra design work that balancing from both sides brings into the equation. Choose a “played only from ‘X’ side” when working up your design and go from there.
• Design Window: There will be a 2 month design period for participants to design, playtest and submit their final scenario for judging (starting August 10, 2018). This may be shorter IF all finished designs have submitted for judging before the 2 month time frame ends.
• Judging Window: There will be a 1 month window for the judging of submissions after the design window has closed after which, a winner will be announced.
• Contestants are limited to 1 scenario submission for the contest.
• Contestants must submit some background information used to inspire or guide their design (i.e. basic designer notes).
• Double Deuce (on the Matrix Games Forums) will be the judge for this contest (with ‘possible’ input from others who are not contestants).
• Primary Point of Contact is via PM on the Matrix Games Forums.
• Alternate/Email Point of Contact is email@example.com.
• Once the contest has ended, all submitted scenarios will be bundled together and put up for download.
• ALL scenarios will have their associated .txt briefing file modified to conform to a single, standard format/layout.
• Other than the limitations and restrictions specifically outlined in this document, designers are free to set other parameters to create their design (hex visibility, victory conditions, and so on).
• A prize (yet to be determined) will be awarded to the contest winner.
• This would NOT be a TotH or Matrix officially sponsored contest or prize, it would be something organized, judged and offered by me with the prize cost coming out of my own pocket.
• A Custom 20x16 hex Map has been created and will be used for ALL design submissions. The base map terrain cannot be altered with the exception that you can add Trenches, Shell Holes, and/or make existing buildings ‘Fortified’.
• You may add text labels to the map as needed.
• You cannot add or remove existing Playable/Non-Playable hexes.
• A general screenshot of the required map will be found at the end of this document.
This post has been edited and now contains more accurate/updated information.
< Message edited by DoubleDeuce -- 8/9/2018 12:51:26 PM >