I have just started working on the next update - UPDATE6. My plan is to fix bugs and further improve the game performance. Thank you all for your patience.
1) Fixed a bug, BRUSH terrain on higher level of elevation was not blocking interdiction as it should. Thanks UP844 for finding the bug! http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4503493
2) Fixed a bug, American M2 Light Mortar now as the correct minimum and maximum range 3 - 45 hexes and American M19 Light mortar now has 2 - 18 hexes. Thanks UP844!
3) Added support for 2560 x 1600 resolution.
4) Fixed blind hexes issues with buildings for Line of Sight processing. In addition, I was able to improve LOS processing by 25% compared to the UPDATE5.
5) AFVs will now properly follow path to get on and off a bridge - Thanks LN59!
6) Fixed a bug, it is now possible to deploy a friendly unit into an enemy controlled hex that does not contain any enemy units; Thanks UP844!
7) Possible improvement in Line of Sight and Fog of War processing up to 50% - I hope.
Well so looks like 1.1.16 build has some issues with my LOS performance improvement - specifically blind hexes logic. Going forward, I have decided to split the LOS processing logic quality into types: FINE (same as before build 1.1.16, including official UPDATE5) and QUICK (which sacrifices a bit of quality for speed). When you start a new scenario in the Scenario Configuration Dialog, you now get to choose the LOS quality. Once you start a new scenario, you can check the current LOS Quality by going to Scenario Attributes dialog - please see the attached picture for details. The LOS Quality has to be saved in the saved game file so I had to modify the saved game file format, this means you won't be able to load old saved game files...sorry. So thanks to feed back from the users as well as Jorgen, I notice there is an issue with blind hexes logic using the QUICK LOS type. I'm currently looking into it but I wanted to release a version of a build that also allows the users to play with the default FINE LOS quality. - December 12, 2018 update: I'm having hard time to properly tune the LOS engine to make QUICK LOS feature to work properly. Some important drawbacks have been identified which I can't currently address so for now I'm disabling the feature in the build 1.1.18. I will look at this feature in the future as I'm always trying to improve the performance of the LOS engine.
8) December 12, 2018: - Fixed a LOS bug found by Ticonderoga60 here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4563085 - December 12, 2018:
9) December 13, 2018: - Fixed some text string issue when a a friendly Ordnance/AFV was firing vs an enemy AFV, thanks UP844.
10) December 23, 2018: - Fixed a bug, a few open topped AFVs where allowed to fire even though they were buttoned up, thanks UP844.
11) January 31, 2019: - Fixed a bug, AI AFV checking for available targets that are in /our of LOS. Thanks Ticonderoga60.
IMPORTANT: make sure you install UPDATE5 first, then overwrite the game executable with the 1.1.21 version attached in this message.
< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 1/31/2019 3:02:33 PM >