Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

2.8.7.4 Stuck in Morocco after liberation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> 2.8.7.4 Stuck in Morocco after liberation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2.8.7.4 Stuck in Morocco after liberation - 7/1/2018 4:31:16 AM   
Gar-Dog

Operation Torch was fixed a while back, but now that Morocco has been liberated, it was frozen in Carbonite ala Han Solo.

Many US and British troops are on ice there... The Vichy tank escaped to Algeria as it was on the border.

I suspect that since Free France was actually conquered (terrible Vichy rolls), when it came back into existence upon liberation of Morocco (and Senegal), Free France is "kind of neutral"... I saw it marked neutral at one point while mousing over Morocco.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: 2.8.7.4 Stuck in Morocco after liberation - 7/1/2018 4:41:16 AM   
paulderynck

Rules say if FF fails to exist upon Vichyfication, then the only way to "create" it, is for Germany to collapse Vichy or for the Allies to liberate France by taking Paris.

Paul

(in reply to Gar-Dog)
Post #: 2
RE: 2.8.7.4 Stuck in Morocco after liberation - 7/2/2018 1:54:00 PM   
Centuur

In this case, the Allies should be able to liberate this country, after which it should become aligned to whoever has the most influence in the country...

Unfortunately, the gamesave is not from before the liberation phase but appears to be from a later stage in the game...

< Message edited by Centuur -- 7/2/2018 3:05:25 PM >

Peter

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 3
RE: 2.8.7.4 Stuck in Morocco after liberation - 7/2/2018 9:08:17 PM   
paulderynck

Influence won't matter for a minor with only one capital and no factories. Morocco should be conquered by the major power that took Rabat. It cannot be reverted because FF does not exist, and since it was Vichy, it was never conquered to begin with so it cannot be liberated. Only the Axis can liberate it.

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 7/2/2018 9:09:13 PM >

Paul

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 4
RE: 2.8.7.4 Stuck in Morocco after liberation - 7/3/2018 8:02:37 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Influence won't matter for a minor with only one capital and no factories. Morocco should be conquered by the major power that took Rabat. It cannot be reverted because FF does not exist, and since it was Vichy, it was never conquered to begin with so it cannot be liberated. Only the Axis can liberate it.

You are right. I'm mistaken here. Morocco should indeed become conquered.

Peter

Post #: 5
RE: 2.8.7.4 Stuck in Morocco after liberation - 7/4/2018 3:52:57 AM   
Gar-Dog

Morocco is showing Free French, like Senegal. Regardless of whether it would be conquered or Free French, the Brits and Americans shouldn't be trapped there permanently and out of supply while it's displaying Free French! Nobody can declare war on Free France, they're neutral, and things are weird...

Morocco was conquered the turn prior, and as is my wont, the Brits & Americans started with a naval move so I didn't notice for a while. Let me see if I can pull something up from before the liberation turn-end phase: attached.

I ran through liberation, this time liberating but NOT reverting to Free French, and the strange things are:
1. The C-47 in Morocco was overrun when liberating Morocco.
2. The Vichy units in Morocco had their hexes underneath them revert to control by the Brits.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Gar-Dog -- 7/4/2018 4:33:09 AM >

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 6
RE: 2.8.7.4 Stuck in Morocco after liberation - 7/4/2018 6:15:57 AM   
paulderynck

Try just leaving it conquered. The game letting you liberate it is a bug. And letting you revert it is a bug. The problem may go back to Senegal actually. I'm assuming it was taken before Morocco and if FF was never created, it should not be FF either - only conquered.

Paul

(in reply to Gar-Dog)
Post #: 7
RE: 2.8.7.4 Stuck in Morocco after liberation - 7/16/2018 12:39:07 AM   
Gar-Dog

I probably should've just left it conquered, but liberating worked, mostly. The hex due west of Casablanca where the C-47 was overrun actually went to GERMAN control for some reason!

No significant gameplay issue because the para wasn't really going to be used for the turn anyway, so I'll move forward with it.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> 2.8.7.4 Stuck in Morocco after liberation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI