Worst Computer Game Manual Ever

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

RobS61

Worst Computer Game Manual Ever

Post by RobS61 »

I've had this game (ATG) now for several years, on my hard drive, and I've looked at it a few times. I recently decided to seriously tackle the manual, the pdf of which I have on a tablet that I read in bed where I do most of my serious reading. Half-way through I have no idea what I've read. The words are English, but the sentences somehow aren't. I know this was written by someone for whom English is not his first language, so that is quite obviously the problem.
I'm not new to computer games, nor to computer wargames. I've been at it for over 30 years, so I've read my share of manuals.
It's frustrating, because wargame construction sets such as this are among my favorite type of game and by all accounts this is a great one. I just can't seem to get started and reading the manual melts my brain.
Any suggestions?
Bill Gates Cured My Stage 4 Hemorrhoids
ernieschwitz

RE: Worst Computer Game Manual Ever

Post by ernieschwitz »

A series that is more helpful than the manual was made, entitled the ATG College. You can access it here:

http://www.vrdesigns.net/?p=165

If watching youtube is more your thing, there is a "Let's play" that is linked from this page:

http://www.vrdesigns.net/?p=1319

Hope this helps out :)
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
RobS61

Post by RobS61 »

Thanks, I'll check those out.
tortugapower

Post by tortugapower »

First of all, thanks ernieschwitz for providing already useful links.

I will also point out a link to an Advanced Tactics Gold tutorial series on YouTube that I made. In fact, you have to scroll past it -- it's one of the pinned topics on the ATG forum here!

Tortuga Power's ATG video tutorials:
tm.asp?m=4137772

If you have any questions, the people on this forum are very willing to provide their time and be helpful. Good luck!
Matrix Games video tutorials:
Distant Worlds Universe
Advanced Tactics Gold
RobS61

Post by RobS61 »

Thanks, tortugapower, I'll take a look at those as soon as real-life gets a little less busy.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”