Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japan and CW trade and convoy problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Japan and CW trade and convoy problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japan and CW trade and convoy problems - 6/23/2018 4:05:16 AM   
Aranthus

Using 2.8.7.4, and trying to set up global war. I have the US and Japanese convoys in the regular places to transport the trade. The US is getting it's build point, but Japan is not getting it's resources. And the usual problems with CW transatlantic trade are still there. That is, the program persists in routing resources through Bay of Biscay instead of Faroes. It is very difficult to get the computer to acceptchanges. When you go into route mode, call up the resource you want to change, and right click on the sea area you want to change, often nothing happens. Then when I finally get the program to accept a change, it changes it back to the wrong way when I try to fix another resource route or go to another phase. I am attaching a saved game.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Japan and CW trade and convoy problems - 6/24/2018 4:42:42 PM   
Centuur

This is the setup stage of the game. It is known that during that stage, production planning doesn't function correctly. However, during the first preliminary production phase, you should be able to get things right.

Peter

(in reply to Aranthus)
Post #: 2
RE: Japan and CW trade and convoy problems - 6/25/2018 4:25:54 AM   
Aranthus

I am attaching a save from the same game at Axis HQ reorganization. I'll upload another when I get to preliminary production.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 3
RE: Japan and CW trade and convoy problems - 6/26/2018 12:40:23 AM   
Aranthus

Okay. Here is the game at preliminary production. When you look at the Japanese production screen you will see that it does not show that Japan is receiving any trade from the US. If you switch to the US screen you will see that the US has the Fairbanks oil set to trade, but is sending the oil to production in the US. Other resources are set to trade, but show as "no route" even though there is a convoy chain to Japan. I have tried setting other resources to trade instead of Fairbanks, but the computer just ignores that. Likewise any changes to the other resources that are to be sent to Japan. And as usual, CW convoys and production are adversely affected as well. The system continues to route through Bay of Biscay instead of Faeroes. It's at times very difficult to change the routes. Often when I right click on the portion of the route that I want to change, nothing happens.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Aranthus)
Post #: 4
RE: Japan and CW trade and convoy problems - 6/27/2018 2:58:04 PM   
Centuur

That's strange. If I load your game, it isn't correct and if I load a game out of my own library everything is OK. Any mods active? If not, I don't know how this is possible...

Peter

(in reply to Aranthus)
Post #: 5
RE: Japan and CW trade and convoy problems - 6/27/2018 3:38:27 PM   
lomyrin

The Japan trade problem is present in the latest beta testers version. I do not know at what version level the problem began. It has been reported to Steve

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 6
RE: Japan and CW trade and convoy problems - 6/27/2018 5:31:09 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: lomyrin

The Japan trade problem is present in the latest beta testers version. I do not know at what version level the problem began. It has been reported to Steve

I used the latest beta version to test this... Very strange, isn't it...

Peter

(in reply to lomyrin)
Post #: 7
RE: Japan and CW trade and convoy problems - 6/28/2018 4:15:18 PM   
Aranthus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

That's strange. If I load your game, it isn't correct and if I load a game out of my own library everything is OK. Any mods active? If not, I don't know how this is possible...

Just the KiF mod, which shouldn't change anything substantive in the data.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 8
RE: Japan and CW trade and convoy problems - 6/28/2018 5:50:15 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aranthus

quote:

Try this without that mod running. It's a long shot, but only than we are sure that it's not the mod that causes this...

Peter

(in reply to Aranthus)
Post #: 9
RE: Japan and CW trade and convoy problems - 6/29/2018 7:42:15 PM   
Aranthus

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aranthus

quote:

Try this without that mod running. It's a long shot, but only than we are sure that it's not the mod that causes this...

This upload is as basic as it gets. No mods, and no optional rules. Same problem. This is at Japanese set up, but I don't think that has anything to do with the issue. I will post a save at preliminary production when I get to that phase.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 10
RE: Japan and CW trade and convoy problems - 6/29/2018 10:17:33 PM   
Aranthus

Same game at Japanese preliminary production. Except now, Japan isn't receiving the NEI oil in addition to not getting any resources from the US. This could be due to Germany declaring war on the Netherlands, but I don't think that is supposed to happen.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Aranthus)
Post #: 11
RE: Japan and CW trade and convoy problems - 6/30/2018 1:38:23 AM   
rkr1958

I don't know but I might have a workaround for you. I post the game turn in the next post. But first let me explain what I did. I reverted your game file back to 2.7.0, loaded it with that version, which handled the trade correctly and saved the file. Then I loaded that with 2.8.4.7 and it still look good. But, here's the kicker. When I saved in 2.8.4.7 and then reopened the bug reappeared.

So, a potential workaround (which I haven't tried) is to open the attached (next post) game file in 2.8.4.7 and don't save until you get through production (i.e., unit builds).

Now, if that works, which I don't know if it will, you'll have to do this at the end of every turn until this bug is fixed.

Attachment (1)

Ronnie

(in reply to Aranthus)
Post #: 12
RE: Japan and CW trade and convoy problems - 6/30/2018 1:43:18 AM   
rkr1958

game file.

Now, if you comfortable with and can easily switch between different versions (i.e., 2.8.4.7 & 2.7.0) I'd switch 2.7.0 for the end of turn production phase and switch back to 2.8.4.7 after the build phase. I finding that I'm having to regularly switch between these two version when fighting carrier air battles (i.e., I fight those battles in 2.7.0) because 2.8.4.7 flies all carriers planes as bombers no matter what you select. Anyway, sorry for rambling.

Attachment (1)

Ronnie

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 13
RE: Japan and CW trade and convoy problems - 7/1/2018 12:49:11 AM   
Aranthus

quote:

ORIGINAL: rkr1958

game file.

Now, if you comfortable with and can easily switch between different versions (i.e., 2.8.4.7 & 2.7.0) I'd switch 2.7.0 for the end of turn production phase and switch back to 2.8.4.7 after the build phase. I finding that I'm having to regularly switch between these two version when fighting carrier air battles (i.e., I fight those battles in 2.7.0) because 2.8.4.7 flies all carriers planes as bombers no matter what you select. Anyway, sorry for rambling.

Thanks. That worked. Although it's quite a bit of trouble to do every turn.

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Japan and CW trade and convoy problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI