Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

French Navy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> French Navy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
French Navy - 6/16/2018 3:17:28 PM   
PvtBenjamin

I should know this but if a French ship is in a Brit port when France falls is there a possibility it stays with the Allies (like land & air).

Post #: 1
RE: French Navy - 6/17/2018 8:14:54 AM   
GeneralFerraro

quote:

ORIGINAL: PvtBenjamin

I should know this but if a French ship is in a Brit port when France falls is there a possibility it stays with the Allies (like land & air).

Yes, I have seen this happening more than once. French ships in Brit ports stay with the Allies, and they can be upgraded with Brit research advances. I don't know the odds for the initial "transition," though.

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 2
RE: French Navy - 6/17/2018 7:38:08 PM   
GiveWarAchance

In my games, the French navy ferociously attacked my German navy before the fall of France so usually it was sunk (along with some precious German ships) before I could see how the surrender affects it.
I learned the hard way to keep the German navy safely away from the fierce French navy.
I think they were trying to use up their navy in battle before risking losing it in the surrender.
The British destruction event of French ships in port doesn't happen in this game?

(in reply to GeneralFerraro)
Post #: 3
RE: French Navy - 6/17/2018 11:44:37 PM   
Elessar2

I think significant damage to the French Navy should incur some serious national morale penalties (as a means of deterring the "Kamikazie French" tactic in question).

(in reply to GiveWarAchance)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> French Navy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI