Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map will not stop scrolling

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Order of Battle : World War II >> Tech Support >> Map will not stop scrolling Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map will not stop scrolling - 6/13/2018 10:41:23 PM   
SDRobot

The latest patch has given me nothing but headaches. My anti-virus quarantined the .exe file and it took me some time to sort that out. Got it up and running again but now I find that the map view will not stay centred and as soon as I load any scenario, the map view will scroll to one of the edges. I can use the mouse or keys to re-centre the view but as soon as I release control, the map scrolls to the edge again.

I assume this is due to the fact that I have a joystick, throttle, and rudders plugged into my PC. I've had issues with other Slitherine/Matrix titles such as Check Your 6! and Heroes of Normandie and I was told that the devs could not resolve the issue. I'd rather not have to root around under the desk to unplug all my devices each time I want to play OoB. This game worked prior to the latest patch. Is there any way to revert to the older version of the game?
Post #: 1
RE: Map will not stop scrolling - 6/14/2018 9:28:23 AM   
VPaulus

The issue with Avast, is not a problem with the update itself, but with Avast and its lousy heuristics. That's the reason why Avast he's one of the anti-virus (AVG also) nowadays more prone to false positives.
Create a scan exclusion area rule for the game in Avast.

Regarding the issue with the controllers, the developer is looking into it and it should be fixed in the next patch.

You can revert the game to the old version but it's better to uninstall and reinstall 6.1.7 and then reinstall 6.1.8:

http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/OrderOfBattle-WWII/OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v6.1.7.zip
http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/OrderOfBattle-WWII/OoBWWII-MultiUpdateComp-v6.1.8.zip

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 6/14/2018 9:29:18 AM >

(in reply to SDRobot)
Post #: 2
RE: Map will not stop scrolling - 6/18/2018 2:26:17 PM   
Meteor2

Same problem here.
Running Kaspersky as Anti Virus and I had never this problem before.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 3
RE: Map will not stop scrolling - 6/18/2018 3:02:51 PM   
Meteor2

I "solved" the problem by adjusting the Z-axis of the Logitech joystick.

(in reply to Meteor2)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Order of Battle : World War II >> Tech Support >> Map will not stop scrolling Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI