Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bug: game enters lop when LOS does not exist

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support >> Bug: game enters lop when LOS does not exist Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bug: game enters lop when LOS does not exist - 5/21/2018 10:40:11 AM   
UP844

I was attempting to play Rico's "Last Tiger" when the game froze during the AI Fire Phase in Turn 2.

Apparently, the AI decided to fire on the unit in 2,8: a warning window appeared, stating there is no LOS between the firer and the target hex (this should not happen, am I right?). I clicked on the "OK" button: I expected the AI to progress to evaluate another fire opportunity, but the same warning window reappeared.

I clicked on "OK" about a dozen times, then I attempted saving the game, but I have been unable to do that: the only working action is clicking on the "OK" button, which is promptly followed by the re-apparance of the warning window.

Attachment (1)

Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
Post #: 1
RE: Bug: game enters lop when LOS does not exist - 5/21/2018 5:24:48 PM   
Peter Fisla

I will take a look...

(in reply to UP844)
Post #: 2
RE: Bug: game enters lop when LOS does not exist - 5/22/2018 4:18:00 PM   
Peter Fisla

UP844, do you have a saved game file that I can take a look at ?

thanks

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 3
RE: Bug: game enters lop when LOS does not exist - 5/22/2018 4:28:45 PM   
UP844

Hello Peter, unfortunately I have been unable to save the game when the bug showed up: the only working action was clicking on the "OK" button, which was promptly followed by the re-apparance of the warning window. Nothing happened when I attempted clicking the "Save" icon.

The AI seems to refuse to accept it cannot fire at a possible target, and to repeatedly attempt to fire on it instead of switching to another target or to renounce firing.

In the meantime, I have replayed the same scenario and everything went fine. I think this is a bug requiring a very peculiar set of circumstances to occur, since I never saw it before (and I have played ToTH a lot ). I think we can live with it.

< Message edited by UP844 -- 5/22/2018 4:30:48 PM >

Siegfried Sassoon

Post #: 4
RE: Bug: game enters lop when LOS does not exist - 5/22/2018 6:33:06 PM   
Peter Fisla

ok, cool, if you come across it please save the game file so that I can easily identify the error...in the meantime I will take a look at the situation anyway.

(in reply to UP844)
Post #: 5
RE: Bug: game enters lop when LOS does not exist - 5/22/2018 7:43:12 PM   
UP844

Peter, I am afraid providing a saved game isn't (and will not) be possible. The screenshot in the opening post clearly shows that the various options on the menu bar (File, Status, Display...) are greyed out.

When a warning window appears they cannot be selected: you have to make the window disappear first. Unfortunately, in this case the only result you get when you click on the "OK" button is the immediate re-appearance of the warning window .

Siegfried Sassoon

Post #: 6
RE: Bug: game enters lop when LOS does not exist - 5/23/2018 12:18:57 AM   
Hailstone

I can verify that similar popups have made their appearances more than once yet are rare. Right or wrong I don't mention the flaws I've
encountered with TotH but when I hear of others actually letting you know I will support that gamer, even UP844 .

But, here are some of those encounters...

- AI sees Clear LOS between targets yet there's obviously a building or woods hex in between.
- AI freezes then crashes game when flamethrower is used, it has happened with 1 other support weapon but most of time its flamethrower
- AI will prompt me to decide between leaving residual FP or keep rate of fire for the AI!
- AI's incredible OBA accuracy and correction outside LOS, it's uncanny. Plus AI will correct itself as you move outside of LOS. AI seems to always get the rolls to get OBA every turn
- The lag times between moves in large counter/map scenarios has been beaten to death; not bad if scenario length kept to 6 more or less
- Campaign scenarios not play tested prior to release. C'mon this isn't one of Rico's contributions but a business transaction where there's no excuse.

Though not a bug, not being able to select any hex in the LOS of the spotter is incredibly annoying.

So, just saying, that for every gamer that has posted a problem there must be a huge number of others, that like me just quit the game and start over and bitch quietly.

(in reply to UP844)
Post #: 7
RE: Bug: game enters lop when LOS does not exist - 9/6/2018 10:42:49 PM   
ArtReg250

Exactly same bug in Bled White Kursk Campaign

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support >> Bug: game enters lop when LOS does not exist Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI