Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Running diesel engines on diesel subs not appreciably increasing detection distance

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Running diesel engines on diesel subs not appreciably increasing detection distance Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Running diesel engines on diesel subs not appreciably i... - 5/16/2018 3:41:15 PM   
Eggstor

Talisman noted this on the main forum, and after some testing of both his test scenario and a couple variants (all included in the zip here), there definitely seems to be an issue with diesel subs not being much louder on diesel power than on electric power.

In Talisman's original test scenario, two Kilos approach a Type 209/Heroine submarine from the west just outside the first convergence zone at 5 knots, one traveling at -70 feet on battery power and one at -66 feet on diesel power. In my first variant, I moved the non-snorting Kilo to the east at roughly the same distance (maybe a half-mile closer ), and found that half-mile difference actually allowed it to be detected a couple minutes before the snorting Kilo.

I changed the speed of the Kilos to 10 knots in the second variant (and also added a supertanker to show CZ detections are possible), and the snorting sub was detected about 9 minutes before the non-snorting sub.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Running diesel engines on diesel subs not appreciab... - 5/19/2018 10:16:03 PM   
RoryAndersonWS

Hi Eggstor, just wanted to let you know we've looked at this issue in significant detail. Thanks for the very well set up example scenarios.

Command Developer, Warfare Sims.
Command Videos: http://youtube.com/baloogan
http://baloogancampaign.com

(in reply to Eggstor)
Post #: 2
RE: Running diesel engines on diesel subs not appreciab... - 8/31/2018 7:11:04 PM   
jirik

Hi guys,

may I ask if this issue has been fixed? I've met the same behaviour but I must admit I've not tested it with the latest patch.

Thanks in advance

J.

(in reply to RoryAndersonWS)
Post #: 3
RE: Running diesel engines on diesel subs not appreciab... - 3/28/2020 4:04:05 PM   
Dimitris

Is this still an issue ?

(in reply to jirik)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Running diesel engines on diesel subs not appreciably increasing detection distance Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI