Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

2.7.5 CV doesn't fly planes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> 2.7.5 CV doesn't fly planes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2.7.5 CV doesn't fly planes - 5/13/2018 9:06:53 AM   
Gar-Dog

Was trying to do a naval air combat against the Italians in the Red Sea, and can't seem to get the British carrier planes to fly. I recall having this problem with the Americans vs. Japanese earlier in the game too.

It will ask if the Brits want a naval air, but then when the nav air combat begins, it finds no planes.

The problem with the americans was very similar; with three carriers, they were only able to fly 2 planes (the Enterprise couldn't fly).

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: 2.7.5 CV doesn't fly planes - 5/13/2018 10:28:07 AM   
Centuur

This is a bug...

Peter

(in reply to Gar-Dog)
Post #: 2
RE: 2.7.5 CV doesn't fly planes - 5/13/2018 5:14:19 PM   
gw15

I have to ask, the carrier plane may not fly because the search roll was too high? Could that also be true with the Americans?

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 3
RE: 2.7.5 CV doesn't fly planes - 5/13/2018 5:32:01 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: gw15

I have to ask, the carrier plane may not fly because the search roll was too high? Could that also be true with the Americans?

I've set the die rolls so that the British did find the Italians. And the planes didn't fly after choosing naval air combat...

Peter

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 4
RE: 2.7.5 CV doesn't fly planes - 5/13/2018 6:32:57 PM   
paulderynck

Striking for higher wages perhaps?

Paul

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 5
RE: 2.7.5 CV doesn't fly planes - 5/14/2018 1:00:41 PM   
Gar-Dog

Fair question gw15... I've been caught off guard more than once by a wayward search roll. In this case, they're all in one box though and as observed by Centuur, even with fixed rolls one carrier seems intent on going AWOL. It doesn't happen on every battle. I can't figure out the trigger pattern - only certain ones.

Man, let me tell you paulderynk - I wouldn't go on strike even if it was "just" the Italians I was up against!

Especially with the sad Russian defense I (didn't) put up in this game. I underestimated the negative effect of a forward Russian defense. My 3rd or 4th WiF game, the very first version of the "new" maps (version 5 I think) I played the Russians against a veteran German player. I correctly read the inadequate Russian defense capability and stopped the Wehrmacht well shy of Moscow and Stalingrad. Thought I'd mess around with a slightly more forward this time. If you pull up the save game, you'll see the Russians are trying desperately to not get conquered. Solo games are tough for me to stay focused on defense...

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> 2.7.5 CV doesn't fly planes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI