Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED B998.9] Diesel subs are not re-charging their batteries

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED B998.9] Diesel subs are not re-charging their batteries Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED B998.9] Diesel subs are not re-charging their ba... - 5/11/2018 8:38:32 PM   
DWReese

I have tried this with numerous scenarios, including Commonwealth and the tutorials. I am using 1.14(3), so I am up-to-date.

Everyone of my diesel subs refuses to recharge their batteries. I have risen to periscope depth and have set my speed to Creep, but the battery power remains the propulsion system (not the diesel) and the battery continues to drain.

If you could try this with any of your scenarios to see if yours works, that way could could isolate the problem to just me.

But, I have tried upgrading the DB (I'm using the current one), so that isn't it, either.

Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing this.

EDIT: Recharging at periscope depth does not work. But, if I go to the surface, then it will re-charge. I have tried this on at least 8 different scenarios.

Also, if your sub is at zero battery, and if your are below the surface, even at periscope depth, the sub WILL not re-charge the battery or even rise to the surface at all.

Doug

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 5/12/2018 3:25:10 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Diesel subs are not re-charging their batteries - 5/11/2018 9:34:03 PM   
BeirutDude

I was on my way to post on this. Additionally the subs are not following recharge doctrine either. The two stalled subs in this save were set to recharge in transit and when prosecuting (at 10%). And I have also found if I surface and then drop to -60 feet the subs will recharge (as long as they aren't discharged already).

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 2
RE: Diesel subs are not re-charging their batteries - 5/11/2018 9:44:02 PM   
DWReese

I tried that, too. I surfaced and saw that I was starting to re-charge, and then I dropped to 66 feet (periscope depth) but they started using the battery again.

Did you drop to 60 or 66 feet? I know that 66 feet does not work.

Something is wrong with this.

Also, let the battery drop to zero and see if you can surface from underwater. If it goes to zero, then you can't move it. This probably has something to do with the new rules for faster moving means faster climbing, etc.

Two things are broken, but they'll get it fixed.

Doug

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 3
RE: Diesel subs are not re-charging their batteries - 5/11/2018 10:18:55 PM   
BeirutDude

-60 feet.

I tried -66 feet first with the same results you report and then through maybe I could fool it into thinking I was surfaced but still have some depth. It worked BUT I had to keep on top of the sub to make sure it kept charging. Also IMHO the batteries are draining too fast especially running at 5 knots submerged.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 4
RE: Diesel subs are not re-charging their batteries - 5/11/2018 10:30:55 PM   
DWReese

I haven't seen any rule documentation changes that indicate that -60 feet is the new -66 feet thing.

Plus, as you said, it appears to me that the battery does seem to run down much faster than it should, even at 5 kts.

Like I said, they'll get it fixed.

Doug

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 5
RE: Diesel subs are not re-charging their batteries - 5/11/2018 11:57:09 PM   
michaelm75au

There is a rounding issue where depth is coming out as ..000xxxx (eg -66.000014567); which actually puts it below the required depth. This has been picked up but not before this release came out.
My work around is to manually set the depth to -65 ft in this case.

Michael

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 6
RE: Diesel subs are not re-charging their batteries - 5/12/2018 1:59:53 AM   
DWReese

Thanks so much,

I guess that the -65 ft. thing should work.

Also, the second issue that I cited was the one where the sub runs out of battery while under the sea. If it has no battery, then it can not move at all, thus it can not rise to the surface. In the old sub movies I see them "blow the ballast tanks" and it makes them rise, so I assume that even with no power there would (in most cases) be a way to ascend. But, I'm no submariner, so I really don't know if that works, or not. You might want to take a look at this one, too.

Thanks again.

Doug

< Message edited by DWReese -- 5/12/2018 2:33:39 AM >

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 7
RE: Diesel subs are not re-charging their batteries - 5/12/2018 3:44:25 AM   
michaelm75au

I'll leave the second one to the guys who understand this more.

Michael

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 8
RE: Diesel subs are not re-charging their batteries - 5/12/2018 4:49:11 AM   
michaelm75au

Do you have a save where the sub is stuck under water with no battery? Would help with diagnosis.

Michael

Post #: 9
RE: Diesel subs are not re-charging their batteries - 5/12/2018 11:36:40 AM   
TyphoonFr

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm75au

Do you have a save where the sub is stuck under water with no battery? Would help with diagnosis.

Now, at 0kts, a sub can not change depth, you have to go at least 1 kts to go up. If he has no more battery, he can not climb to recharge.

Maybe this is:
" Tweaks to submarine dive/climb rates (they now partially depend on true-water speed, so e.g. a sub at high speed will rise faster) "

Christophe

To all English teachers of the forum, sorry if English is not my mother language.

Post #: 10
RE: Diesel subs are not re-charging their batteries - 5/12/2018 4:28:15 PM   
mavfin

Yeah, unless they're taking on water, should be able to blow negative and surface slowly, or emergency blow and surface anyway. As long as they have enough air.

(I know, fixed in 998.9 anyway)

(in reply to TyphoonFr)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED B998.9] Diesel subs are not re-charging their batteries Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI