Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

GUADALCANAL SCENARIO

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> GUADALCANAL SCENARIO Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GUADALCANAL SCENARIO - 5/7/2018 9:18:22 PM   
stefanopix

Hello,

I am trying to paly the Guadalcanal scenario.
Have some difficulties during the CW setup as a lot of units are "not available".
I used to have available Wavell HQ in India, some carrier planes, an infantry unit in Italian somaliland and other units
that now seems not to be available.
I simply got a warning windows during setup informing me that the units(s) are not available...

Someone can help me in understanding what I probably am missing?
Post #: 1
RE: GUADALCANAL SCENARIO - 5/8/2018 7:32:43 AM   
Joseignacio

The only thing I got that told me that some units were not available was after the scrap, when I had scrapped too many and had to make the deployment later.

Maybe you scrapped them by mistake? (Don't know how familiar you are with the game...) Sounds strange in the case of Wavell but could be in planes frex..

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 5/8/2018 7:33:20 AM >

(in reply to stefanopix)
Post #: 2
RE: GUADALCANAL SCENARIO - 5/8/2018 8:58:09 PM   
stefanopix

Dear Jose,

I only requested land lease air units. When the setup sequence for the CW starts, I received the message that units are not available...

I attached a screenshot of the first message...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to stefanopix)
Post #: 3
RE: GUADALCANAL SCENARIO - 5/12/2018 6:48:21 AM   
stefanopix

Still unable to solve the problem.
It seems that some CW units (Wavell, the inf unit for Italian somaliland, one art unit for Burma and all the CW CV planes, but also some USA CW planes) are somehow deleted and thus not available.
I had not the scrap option "On" when the problem occurred for the first time. I later tried with playing with the scrap option "on" but nothing changes. These units are not available again.

I tried the fast start setup and here at least Wavell is present but as I would like to play with divisions and different optional rules from this setup is not fully satisfying for me...

In my opinion somehow the initial scenario file was somehow damaged and from here the problem. Does anyone knows how I can fix This? I try to manually modify the CW scrap list, deleting all the content in it but
nothing changes...

(in reply to stefanopix)
Post #: 4
RE: GUADALCANAL SCENARIO - 5/12/2018 8:39:05 PM   
paulderynck

You could try using an earlier version of the game if you have one on file. Save your existing EXE first.

I just tried it with the latest beta and got the same problem so it appears somewhere along the line, other changes borked this scenario.

Paul

(in reply to stefanopix)
Post #: 5
RE: GUADALCANAL SCENARIO - 5/16/2018 1:42:46 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

I'm working on fixing this this afternoon. Hopefully I can get a Hot a Patch out today or tomorrow.

===

The bug has to do with the United Kingdom not being part of the Guadalcanal scenario. However, its land units should be available during setup.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> GUADALCANAL SCENARIO Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI