Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Showing german planes during Italian Ground Strike phase

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Showing german planes during Italian Ground Strike phase Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Showing german planes during Italian Ground Strike phase - 3/30/2018 6:08:11 PM   
Gar-Dog

Running v2.7.5

Germans running an air impulse, Italians running naval (but out of air missions b/c of earlier naval).

Germans declare all ground strikes, then when done it activates Italians and (1) nothing can be done by the Italians because they're out of air missions but (2) it shows a list of German planes and asks Italians what they want to fly.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Showing german planes during Italian Ground Strike ... - 3/30/2018 6:13:05 PM   
Gar-Dog

SECOND BUG:
Interesting note: working through that same exact file, Japanese try to ground strike a partisan in French Indo-China and there is "No Effect" (no die rolls - because China's not at war with Japan???)

Edit: The partisan showed up just before the conquest phase, then immediately afterwards China was conquered. Maybe that has something to do with it? Seems the partisan doesn't get to move (Chinese controlled?).

< Message edited by Gar-Dog -- 3/30/2018 10:19:34 PM >

(in reply to Gar-Dog)
Post #: 2
RE: Showing german planes during Italian Ground Strike ... - 4/1/2018 1:18:26 PM   
Centuur

In the version we are now using to test, we can continue with the Italians by pressing the end phase button. But still, it's strange that the German planes are popping up.

Also, it's strange that if you continue to the Japanese ground strike phase, no planes pop up (and there are planes available to ground strike).

So in the version we're using now, it's a cosmetic issue only.

The partisan in Indo China is a real bug, since after conquest of China, this partisan should become controlled by the CW.

Peter

(in reply to Gar-Dog)
Post #: 3
RE: Showing german planes during Italian Ground Strike ... - 4/1/2018 4:39:17 PM   
davidachamberlain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur
Also, it's strange that if you continue to the Japanese ground strike phase, no planes pop up (and there are planes available to ground strike).

So in the version we're using now, it's a cosmetic issue only.

I have seen this type of behaviour several times - always when there are no air actions available and no CV planes.

It is entirely cosmetic and I believe just shows the planes from the earlier major power and does not clear them out since there is nothing to show.

I just ignore it.

Dave

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 4
RE: Showing german planes during Italian Ground Strike ... - 4/2/2018 12:41:20 AM   
Gar-Dog

Update: after an impulse (or was it two?), the partisan reverted to USSR control (not British).

(in reply to davidachamberlain)
Post #: 5
RE: Showing german planes during Italian Ground Strike ... - 4/2/2018 11:36:09 AM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gar-Dog

Update: after an impulse (or was it two?), the partisan reverted to USSR control (not British).

That's strange, since the closest major powers capital is Delhi, which is in a CW home country and is therefore the capital city closest to Indo China...

RAW:

The nearest is the major power whose capital city is closest
to the minor’s capital city.

Peter

(in reply to Gar-Dog)
Post #: 6
RE: Showing german planes during Italian Ground Strike ... - 4/3/2018 12:17:23 AM   
Courtenay

quote:

quote:

That's strange, since the closest major powers capital is Delhi, which is in a CW home country and is therefore the capital city closest to Indo China...

RAW:

Here there is ambiguity in the rules because of the fact that the CW is a major power with multiple home countries, but Britain is more of a home country than the others. For the purposes of this rule, I think that only London counts, and am almost sure that MWiF interprets the rule that way.

< Message edited by Courtenay -- 4/3/2018 5:10:29 PM >

I thought I knew how to play this game....

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 7
RE: Showing german planes during Italian Ground Strike ... - 4/3/2018 2:12:14 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Courtenay

quote:

quote:

RAW:

Here there is ambiguity in the rules because of the fact that the CW is a major power with multiple home countries, but Britain is more or a home country than the others. For the purposes of this rule, I think that only London counts, and am almost sure that MWiF interprets the rule that way.

I can't find that in the rulebook or the FAQ. But I can live with that explanation.

Peter

(in reply to Courtenay)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Showing german planes during Italian Ground Strike phase Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI