Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WRA settings / copy to all weapons

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room >> WRA settings / copy to all weapons Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WRA settings / copy to all weapons - 3/26/2018 11:10:19 AM   
Kennetho

Hi,

I am having trouble understanding why the default WRA setting is "Use all weapons against target" and not a more conservative use of the weapons loadout.

If you want to change to 1 or 2 rounds per target and have a massive amount of different weapons in the scenario. Is it possible to copy the setting to the next weapon?

In attachment - I have applied my preferred WRA settings to the Maverick EO and want to have the same setting for the IR and Laser version. Is this ONLY done manually or can I copy my preferred settings?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Kennetho -- 3/26/2018 2:43:58 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: WRA settings / copy to all weapons - 3/26/2018 9:27:30 PM   
guanotwozero

For most scenarios I've played, the default for most missiles is "Target's Missile Defence Value".

Maybe it's a scenario setting? Or perhaps that's just the default for Mavericks. If you post the scenario we can look further.

If you change the setting for a particular target type, then all below (of that type) should inherit that. You have to do this for each weapon type you want to change, including different Maverick versions.

< Message edited by guanotwozero -- 3/26/2018 9:29:45 PM >

(in reply to Kennetho)
Post #: 2
RE: WRA settings / copy to all weapons - 5/27/2018 3:23:26 PM   
SeaQueen

Typically I set only a few WRA settings on the side level. Those usually include air to air missiles and surface to air missiles. I'll set the WRA for air to surface munitions on the mission level, because it usually depends on the target set (I might use different numbers of the same weapon system to attack a SAM site versus a AvGas storage tank, even though they might have the same capacity to take damage). In the case of surface to surface weapons, I usually shoot them manually and allocate weapons that way. If I'm designing a scenario and I need the AI to do something with them, I'll use a combination of missions, start/stop times, actions and LUA to make sure they behave properly (e.g. switch a submarine from Sea Control to Strike or SEAD then switch it back when it should be done firing).

(in reply to Kennetho)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room >> WRA settings / copy to all weapons Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI