War is Boring

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
comte

War is Boring

Post by comte »

Congrats on a review in "War is Boring"

https://warisboring.com/i-invaded-grena ... of-war-iv/

joey

RE: War is Boring

Post by joey »

Interesting choice of a scenario to review. When there are so many to choose and you choose Grenada.....
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: joey

Interesting choice of a scenario to review. When there are so many to choose and you choose Grenada.....

+1. And there's no comparison between single shooter and operational level gaming....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

He merely wanted an easy one. That's as easy as they get. [;)]
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: btd64

+1. And there's no comparison between single shooter and operational level gaming....GP
In fact, I think the most 'obscure' and 'less-well-known' battles are the most intriguing. A pity nobody ever picked up on all the French/Viet-Minh period and the operations, e.g. Operation Lea, Lorraine, Castor, Pollux... I dug out some interesting resources in the last couple of weeks. Still digging up more in order to create the promised Tutorial 50s series about colonial struggle at a large, but manageable scale.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: btd64

Yes. And the author was pointing out that very thing. In fact he was pointing out the differences in tactical, operational and strategic games. So a reader who was not familiar with the different scales would understand how they differ, not how they are the same. He even pointed out that one scale may represent portions of another scale but not fully employ one over the other. [;)]
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

No really a review, is it? Or there are more pages to registered users?

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”