I'm quite new to Distant Worlds Universe and try to get my head around the mechanics, their implications and so on. I red some Guides and like to play with as less automation as possible. There are some questions that came up will playing, maybe you can answer them?
- What means the percentage value of a resource on a space object? I understand the more the better, but how does this number effects the (which) game mechanic? What's the difference between a giant and an asteorid regarding resource mining (say, they have the same percentage on the resource)?
- There are private mining ships, they seem to be independent from "my" stations. Do they also add to the resource production? What's the difference between a mining station and a mining ship (beside the fact, that the ship is not immovable)
- How is the output of a mining station calculated? I understand, that there seems to be a "tick" (1 game day?) and each tick produces a certain amount of the given resource. How does stacking mining components effect the outcome?
- When I check the cargo of a mining station I see an amount of the expected resources for that mining station. But there is also a list of other resources, mainly at the amount of 50. Why are they there and from where did they come?
- I have multiple specialized designs for the same type (f.e. a mining station with no luxury extractors for objects with no luxuries and a mining station with multiple luxury extractors. When I retrofit, I want to retrofit to the upgrade for that specialized design. But retrofit seems to always retrofit to the latest design of the given type. So I have to do it for each mine manually, because I need to select the proper specialized design. Any way to prevent this?
- Is there any convenient way to check the availability of my empires resource total, without manually checking all the spaceports?
- Is there some sort of statistic to see the change of the amount of my resources over time? To see which resource is in heavy use, close to depletion and so on to be able to plan expansion with some numbers in mind?
- Where can I set the behavior for the ship. Only in the design?
Thanks in advance,