Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

research for maritime bombers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> research for maritime bombers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
research for maritime bombers - 3/11/2018 8:01:50 PM   
gwgardner

I've never researched maritime bombing beyond level 2, and perhaps because of that I've always been frustrated with their use. Expensive, limited numbers in the OOB, easily damaged, always in need of repair or hiding, making them useless for every 3 turns out of 4. I end up not investing in them any more.

Do things get better for maritime bombing, at higher levels? Do they become tougher, more readily available for longer periods of time?

What if: there were a new feature of maritime bombing research, whereby ports could obtain an intrinsic maritime bombing property?

Post #: 1
RE: research for maritime bombers - 3/11/2018 9:43:43 PM   
PvtBenjamin

Hi GW,

There is no specific Maritime Bomber research. Naval and anti sub research (maritime upgrades) affects many units. Maritime Bombers are cheap an are wicked against naval units.

enjoy the game

< Message edited by PvtBenjamin -- 3/11/2018 11:37:36 PM >

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 2
RE: research for maritime bombers - 3/11/2018 9:48:36 PM   
Sugar

Ahm, in fact it's one of the most effective units in the game. It's cheap, can avoid damage randomly, and 1 alone can sink a full strength carrier with 2 attacks, if attached to a good HQ, even with NW 1. Its range highly benefits from long range research, and in raiding-mode it additionally sinks most of the norwegian convoy. Thank god (i.e. Bill + Hubert) Germany can only produce 1 of them.

It's very good in scouting, even passively after the first flight, and can also damage naval units in ports.

2 of them placed in eastern England will prevent the Kriegsmarine from leaving the Baltic Sea. Attach them to an HQ and equip with ASW, they`ll do a great job.

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 3
RE: research for maritime bombers - 3/12/2018 2:12:48 AM   
Christolos

I too have found the use of Maritime bombers quite effective...but I prefer to play with soft build limits to get more of them...simply because, I feel it is a greater game experience for me to not be bound by historical limits in a game that offers so much in terms of its "what if" value, which is a huge factor behind playability.

C

“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> research for maritime bombers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI