Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Freeze During set-up

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Freeze During set-up Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Freeze During set-up - 3/9/2018 5:15:14 PM   
clestochi

I'm repeatedly experiencing a situation where the game appears to freeze during set up. I'm new to the computer version of the game. I'm trying to set-up the Barbarossa scenario for solitaire. I am at the USSR set-up phase. No problem placing the ships. I've run into problems as I deploy aircraft. What I tried to do was filter on fighters and choose which fighters I want to deploy, by clicking on each unit. The program freezes when I try to click the fourth unit.

I'm not sure if I'm breaking a rule or if the program is frozen. I think the latter since I can't unclick the units or click anywhere on the game.

Thanks in advance!

Chris
Kaneohe, HI

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Freeze During set-up - 3/9/2018 8:16:22 PM   
paulderynck

Did you put any CPs in the Caspian? That's fairly standard for Global War but it's out of play for Barbarossa.

Paul

(in reply to clestochi)
Post #: 2
RE: Freeze During set-up - 3/10/2018 5:36:43 AM   
clestochi

No, I put all of the ships in port. I think there is something wrong with the program. I've been able to repeat the freeze several times.

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 3
RE: Freeze During set-up - 3/10/2018 8:06:26 AM   
PeteGarnett

My understanding is that you click on which counters you want to place in a single hex.

If you have teamviewer I'll happily take you through the setup & a couple of turns to get you going. We all had to climb this hill.

(in reply to clestochi)
Post #: 4
RE: Freeze During set-up - 3/11/2018 12:11:33 AM   
clestochi

Thanks, that's a good idea. I sent you a pm.

Chris
Kaneohe, HI

(in reply to PeteGarnett)
Post #: 5
RE: Freeze During set-up - 3/11/2018 12:59:05 AM   
clestochi

I decided to attach a compressed copy of a saved game file from just before the bug bites. The file is Barbarossa, Solitary, Novice Rule set, duel screen.

I place the ships in the ports, no problem. I filter on fighters, no problem. I select the first three fighters, no problem. When I select the next Russian FTR everything stops. I've repeated this several times now. I just don't know what is wrong.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to clestochi)
Post #: 6
RE: Freeze During set-up - 3/11/2018 4:31:04 PM   
Centuur

Did you put a pilot into the FTR you want to place on the map? You only got 1 pilot left to put into your remaining FTR's.

< Message edited by Centuur -- 3/11/2018 4:33:27 PM >

Peter

(in reply to clestochi)
Post #: 7
RE: Freeze During set-up - 3/11/2018 7:56:23 PM   
clestochi

Thanks Peter. I was using the novice set of optional rules, so no pilots.

I just tried setting up again. This time I placed all ships, all ground units with no problem. When I got to deploying the fourth FTR, it froze. Very strange. Has anybody had a chance to look at the compressed game file I attached?

Chris
Kaneohe, HI

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 8
RE: Freeze During set-up - 3/11/2018 8:49:14 PM   
paulderynck

I downloaded the game you posted and it worked fine for me. Guessing from your screen shot you my have a hidden form. When you select that last plane allowed for set-up there is a dialog box that comes up asking you to confirm your choice Yes or No as a safeguard against accidentally sending a better plane to the Reserve Pool. It could be behind your main map perhaps and that would make the game seem frozen.

Was that screen shot your entire screen or was it only a portion?

Paul

(in reply to clestochi)
Post #: 9
RE: Freeze During set-up - 3/11/2018 9:15:49 PM   
clestochi

Thanks Paul, that is encouraging.

That was a screen shot of one monitor. I'm running it on two monitors. I've attached the screenshot of both monitors.

You are right, I did not get the confirmation window on the last FTR. So, I ran the set-up again with all of the forms "rolled-up" to see if it was perhaps hidden behind the map. Unfortunately, that confirmation window was not there. Any thoughts on where it may be hidden?

Chris

Attachment (1)

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 10
RE: Freeze During set-up - 3/11/2018 9:56:55 PM   
clestochi

Paul, et all,

I think the problem is solved. Paul, when you asked the question about my screen shot it got me thinking that it might be a problem associated with dual monitors. I searched through the forum and found a thread on issues associated with moving the main form to the secondary monitor in the screen layout. Sure enough, when I moved the main form back to the main monitor the confirmation dialog box you mentioned, appeared during set-up. Later, in that string, I saw that a hot patch was posted that addressed the issue. I installed the patch and everything seems to with the main form on the secondary monitor.

Thanks everybody.

Chris
Kaneohe, HI

(in reply to clestochi)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Freeze During set-up Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI