Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tourney Game nnason (Axis) vs. YohanTM2 (Allies)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> Tourney Game nnason (Axis) vs. YohanTM2 (Allies) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tourney Game nnason (Axis) vs. YohanTM2 (Allies) - 3/5/2018 11:32:01 AM   
nnason

1939-09-01 to 1939-12-08
Hello to our after action report readers.
Axis Report 1

Poland fell in two turns as is typical with neither side doing anything unusual.
Allies switched out most armies for corps along the Maginot Line. Axis attacked weak point several times with loss of 1 point and none for the Allies.
Naval war has also been typical with Britain camping out along Norway convoy route and Axis raiding shipping lanes. In December a sub made contact with a light cruiser in the central north Atlantic with no loss to either side. A sub also made contact with a BC on the shipping lane NW of Santa Cruz with a 2 points loss to BC and one to the sub.
Attached picture is first turn in Poland.

Attachment (1)

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired
Post #: 1
RE: Tourney Game nnason (Axis) vs. YohanTM2 (Allies) - 3/5/2018 11:34:42 AM   
nnason

1939-09-01 to 1939-12-08

Axis Report 1A
September 15, 1939

Attachment (1)

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 2
RE: Tourney Game nnason (Axis) vs. YohanTM2 (Allies) - 3/7/2018 12:45:38 AM   
YohanTM

From the desk of Maurice Gustave Gamelin (much to the rear of the front)

The brave Polish Lancers wreaked havoc behind the German lines, briefly capturing and looting several cities but the collapse of the Warsaw defense derived but a hollow victory. A daring assault on a German HQ resulted in only minor damage.

To the seas; unfortunately, one of our BB’s was lost, likely due to communist influences. Negligible damage to date on subs and cruiser that have been haunting our convoy shipments. It is reported that these units may be running low on supplies so in conjunction with my British compatriot I have ordered more ships to sea to eliminate this foe. On a very positive note, no war materials are reaching Germany from Norway.

On land; I continue to order increased production of armaments and all is well for my planned attack in 1941 after we are properly mobilized and armed. The Maginot line is impregnable as we watch the futile German probes of our lines. Sadly, Luxembourg was overtaken after a short struggle.

Politically we are pleased to report Finland is leaning away from the Axis enticements and my allies are making a concerted effort to isolate Hitler.

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 3
RE: Tourney Game nnason (Axis) vs. YohanTM2 (Allies) - 3/7/2018 1:27:38 AM   
Taxman66

Something is very odd with your counter set.
At first I didn't think you were playing the base game. Then I realized that what looks like Polish Mountain units are most likely their Cavalry. NATO Cavalry symbols are a rectangle with a single diagonal line. The Infantry symbol with the peek/spike is for mountain units.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to YohanTM)
Post #: 4
RE: Tourney Game nnason (Axis) vs. YohanTM2 (Allies) - 3/7/2018 10:27:26 AM   
nnason

I am playing with one of the several different counter mods which show up on my pictures. I expect they don't show up in your game as you don't have the counter mod installed.

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 5
RE: Tourney Game nnason (Axis) vs. YohanTM2 (Allies) - 3/7/2018 11:52:17 AM   
Taxman66

Yes, I realize that.

Just saying I think there is an error with mod, in that the Polish Cav looks like a mountain unit.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 6
RE: Tourney Game nnason (Axis) vs. YohanTM2 (Allies) - 3/7/2018 4:53:46 PM   
nnason

April 14, 1940
Axis advance in bad weather first against Netherlands. Dutch units can’t stand but mud keeps capital alive.
Axis panzer is mired in mud (bug?) in Netherlands and can’t attack into Belgium. Other panzers and infantry attack with great success but mud keeps capital safe for now.
Axis subs SW of Spain attack convoys.
Allies successfully help Fins against Russia. Fins swing towards Allies 23%.
British ambush of sub in North Central Atlantic is quite successful with sinking likely.
Brits sinks German DD who had foolishly put toe into British North Sea pond.

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 7
RE: Tourney Game nnason (Axis) vs. YohanTM2 (Allies) - 3/8/2018 2:02:35 AM   
YohanTM

From the desk of Churchill (as the French have scuttled Gamelin).

Excellent news on the naval front, one sub and one DD on the bottom and a Germany based CA heavily damaged. Another sub may be on the ropes. Looks like a sub and a CA have slipped into the Med, we will have to keep watch on these developments. redeployment of the fleet underway. The Finns have indeed moved towards the Allied sphere which will assist are Russia friends as I rejected the Lithuania offer so the Wehrmacht has some extra room to manoeuvre.

The French front is already under duress, the goal is to bleed Germany, next few turns shall tell the tale.

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 8
RE: Tourney Game nnason (Axis) vs. YohanTM2 (Allies) - 3/10/2018 3:30:17 PM   
YohanTM

From the desk of Marshall Petain (in the hills of Vichy)

Sacre bleu! We agree to an armistice and the next thing you know the Nazi dogs attack the rump of France in Vichy. Fortunately I was able to escape with my wine cellar intact. The seas are calm in this late November of 1940. I understand the siege of Malta has begun with both naval and shore bombardment. Finland has unfortunately swung ever so slightly back to Axis sentiments. We will have to try and counter that.

All quiet elsewhere - where will Hitler strike next...

(in reply to YohanTM)
Post #: 9
RE: Tourney Game nnason (Axis) vs. YohanTM2 (Allies) - 3/27/2018 12:17:47 PM   
nnason

By late Fall 1941 it was clear the Axis Mediterranean strategy had failed. I made some mistakes and YohanTM took advantage. Bad play on my part and very good play by YohanTM Naval game was lost in the Atlantic, Baltic, and Med. Placing so many resources in those battles meant that Russian campaign did not meet its objectives. Med campaign has to be a success to justify. Axis surrendered so another game could be played.

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

(in reply to YohanTM)
Post #: 10
RE: Tourney Game nnason (Axis) vs. YohanTM2 (Allies) - 3/27/2018 1:54:25 PM   
KorutZelva

I'm sad we've missed out on all that naval action. :-)

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 11
RE: Tourney Game nnason (Axis) vs. YohanTM2 (Allies) - 3/28/2018 7:54:38 PM   
bullet911

quote:

ORIGINAL: nnason

By late Fall 1941 it was clear the Axis Mediterranean strategy had failed. I made some mistakes and YohanTM took advantage. Bad play on my part and very good play by YohanTM Naval game was lost in the Atlantic, Baltic, and Med. Placing so many resources in those battles meant that Russian campaign did not meet its objectives. Med campaign has to be a success to justify. Axis surrendered so another game could be played.

is it possible to get any details on what went wrong and what went right for the opponant, or would that be giving too much away on what strategies were used?

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 12
RE: Tourney Game nnason (Axis) vs. YohanTM2 (Allies) - 3/28/2018 9:06:51 PM   
nnason

Bullet012,

We talked about providing more of an AAR, I for one would like to keep my secrets for a few more games. I did make a record which I may post sometime in the future, just not now.
Thanks for your interest.

There are lots of really good AARs in this forum. The people here are really great, opinionated perhaps, but I think that reflects their high interest.

The two moderators Bill and Hubert are really really great!

"Sugar" is all over this forum and very experienced. Look for his nugets of wisdom.

< Message edited by nnason -- 3/28/2018 9:08:05 PM >

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

(in reply to bullet911)
Post #: 13
RE: Tourney Game nnason (Axis) vs. YohanTM2 (Allies) - 4/1/2018 8:08:12 PM   
YohanTM

Hi Bullet, Noah indeed asked the AAR updates to stop as he did try something a bit unique. It as interesting and had some potential. I'll leave it to him to discuss later.

Rob

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> Tourney Game nnason (Axis) vs. YohanTM2 (Allies) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI