Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

February Israel–Syria incident details

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> February Israel–Syria incident details Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
February Israel–Syria incident details - 2/27/2018 1:21:49 PM   
kevinkins

Details emerge on the F-16I downing and subsequent counterattack. This may be especially interesting to designers re: the armaments and positions of the Assad/Iran forces:

https://warisboring.com/50408-2/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EBB%202/27/18&utm_term=Editorial%20-%20Early%20Bird%20Brief

Couple of highlights:

"The initial assessment – that the F-16I was hit because it continued flying high although the rest of the formation dove to evade incoming SAMs – still stands. Apparently, the crew of the jet was busy attempting to verify that the PGMs released minutes before had hit selected targets … and thus the F-16 remained exposed to air defenses for much too long. Although the F-16I was certainly streaming its Israeli-made aerial decoy, one of the SAMs proximity-fused close enough to cause severe damage."

"The exact number of casualties on the Iranian and Syrian side remains unknown. Maj. Gen. Ahmed Mohammed Hosseinou, chief of staff and deputy director of the Department of Chemical Protection — the Syrian “Chemical Ali” reportedly died."

Post #: 1
RE: February Israel–Syria incident details - 2/28/2018 1:50:08 PM   
Zaslon

Nice propaganda.Sadly We will never now the true.

Kids think about Iran and Amateurs think about Russia, but professionals think about China

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 2
RE: February Israel–Syria incident details - 3/1/2018 3:04:57 PM   
DWReese

Kevin,

This has nothing to do with this thread, but I am trying to send you a Private message regarding our scenario, but your PM box is full. I believe that you might need to dump some messages so that I can respond back to you.

Doug

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 3
RE: February Israel–Syria incident details - 3/1/2018 3:28:31 PM   
kevinkins

Thanks .. just deleted a lot of messages. Fire away.

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 4
RE: February Israel–Syria incident details - 3/2/2018 1:04:07 PM   
ExNusquam

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaslon

Nice propaganda.Sadly We will never now the true.

For what it's worth, Tom Cooper is generally a pretty reliable source on aviation matters in the Middle East. You'll note that he does make a point or citing is sources ("A local source", IAF, local media, etc). While the information might be muddled and from spotty sources, Cooper is a good researcher.

Also, it looks like the clouds have cleared over that part of Syria, so commercial imagery is getting collected again. I suspect Jane's (or other defense intel firms) will have more formal BDA reports soon.

(in reply to Zaslon)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> February Israel–Syria incident details Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI