Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

France surrender bug?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> France surrender bug? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
France surrender bug? - 2/20/2018 7:59:19 PM   
dave123

Score: 0
I had a British garrison in Bordeaux when France surrendered (1940). I also had a ship in the Bordeaux port.

Germans created Vichy.

On my turn, the garrison had disappeared and the city went axis as the CAPITAL of France, the port remained allied. I think the garrison is in the build queue, without the asterisks.

I transported a British corps into the city (since I owned the port) and at the end of my turn, France was liberated.

Is this a once in a million thing, or a bug?

Post #: 1
RE: France surrender bug? - 2/21/2018 4:23:00 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Hi Dave,

This is not a bug but a possible sequence of events in game. For example, Paris was likely captures prior to French NM dropping to zero, so the capital moved to Bordeaux. After that, French NM reached zero so France formally surrendered.

Whether a French unit or British unit was in Bordeaux at the time, it wouldn't matter as the unit needs to be removed/eliminated from the game in order for France to properly surrender and the capital transferred to German control.

After that, and since the Germans were not able to occupy Bordeaux in time, your British Corps was able to land in Bordeaux and as a result liberate France from surrender. This is likely short lived as the Germans should be able to retake it, but with how the game mechanics all work, it just worked out this way in your particular game.

Hubert

(in reply to dave123)
Post #: 2
RE: France surrender bug? - 2/23/2018 2:49:15 PM   
dave123

Score: 0
Thanx. I hope the french don't get the money boost and then it is just wasted?

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> France surrender bug? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI