Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Moderator->TheWood Threats

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Moderator->TheWood Threats Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moderator->TheWood Threats - 2/17/2018 8:11:40 PM   
BDukes

quote:

To: bdukes
Date: 2/16/2018 9:35:51 PM
Subject: Be careful

That one post was a very poorly worded personal insult and attack. You can complain all you want about my posting style, but you start personal attacks and I will push the Matrix mods for some action.

My suggestion is take a step back and really think about what you are trying to accomplish. Don't do something that may lead to frustrating you even further.

Could a moderator explain this? This guy has been hounding me continuously and now sending private message. I joke with him to make go away but he still makes creepy threats over private message. Who is he? Why is this so?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Moderator->TheWood Threats - 2/17/2018 8:52:00 PM   
Raptorx7_slith

Not the place for this, private message a mod.

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 2
RE: Moderator->TheWood Threats - 2/17/2018 9:20:11 PM   
Scar79

AFAIK, there is a 'Block List' function.

(in reply to Raptorx7_slith)
Post #: 3
RE: Moderator->TheWood Threats - 2/17/2018 10:09:45 PM   
thewood1

I was trying to take this private to avoid destroying a thread. He made a very blatant personal attack and gave him the benefit of the doubt with some advice. I do this when someone makes a personal attack and comes across as too immature to understand what they are saying. And this guy just validated it all.

(in reply to Scar79)
Post #: 4
RE: Moderator->TheWood Threats - 2/17/2018 10:16:04 PM   
thewood1

btw, not sure even where the threat is. Also, no issues with posting it publicly. It shows a few things...

1) how immature he is
2) How I tried to get him to take a step back
3) I don't typically send PMs that I would regret being shown publicly. As a public speaker, I have received several very severe threats over the years that would embarrass the people sending them if they were exposed. A few of them are here on this forum...or were. A good rule to live by is emails and PMs always have the potential to be exposed. So don't do or say things you can't back up.

edit for some poor grammer...

< Message edited by thewood1 -- 2/17/2018 10:39:18 PM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
RE: Moderator->TheWood Threats - 2/17/2018 10:20:20 PM   
thewood1

"You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing!

Somebody please pop him already! Even Troy Goodchuckles mention about this place. He does it!"

I read this as a personal attack and this is why I sent a PM. I was hoping he would get the message that he was going way over the edge. He says I was stalking him yet this in reply to a post in a thread he was not even involved in. I am still a little taken aback that he go this wound up over something simple he wasn't even discussing. He says I'm stalking him. Again...maturity level here.

edit... Also note, I did reach out to the devs. I agreed to handle it privately and not push them to take any action. Again, obvious immaturity and I think maybe some language issues made me reconsider. But I guess the private part is out the window.

< Message edited by thewood1 -- 2/17/2018 10:34:39 PM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 6
RE: Moderator->TheWood Threats - 2/17/2018 10:48:20 PM   
HalfLifeExpert

Okay yeah I just saw the same post wood is referring to, and yeah, that is a personal attack.

He did the proper thing and tried to settle it in PM, which for some reason the other user thought the correct course of action was to make this thread.

I don't know what OP's line of thinking is, but I fail to see how wood is making 'creepy threats' based on the PM he quotes in this thread. Having communicated with him on these forums for quite a while now, I find it very hard to believe he would behave in such a way. Wood can sometimes speak rather bluntly out of frustration, but it is hardly to the point of making threats.

This thread should close.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 7
RE: Moderator->TheWood Threats - 2/18/2018 12:59:21 AM   
BDukes

Ok we play link game. Here's is just few month. I can post more from Thewood. Quick summary is users are idiots, dick-ish, lack common sense. This pattern repeat his entire time. I think he disagree so he tries to make user angry. Then when they push back on his bullish he tries to get them banned. This is not a tactic of healthy game forum. Very poisonous.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4429509&mpage=5&key=

quote:

thewood1
Matrix Legion of Merit

Status: online Wait a minute, you're in here causing grief and you don't even own the game. For crap's sake, there are enough idiots running around who own the game in here and we also get a knucklehead trying to give advice on a game they don't own?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3942938&mpage=1&key=�

quote:

thewood1
Matrix Legion of Merit

Status: online BDukes, I don't think you mean to come off as dick-ish as you are sounding. I suggest assessing how people are reading your stuff as a point of self reflection. Someone like Apache85 doesn't get involved in internet drama, yet here you are pushing him to do just that. He is a very big contributor for scenarios, peer-based help, and general knowledge. Don't be the guy that makes him not want to help any more. Really, don't be that guy.

My suggestion is go back, read you posts in this thread and maybe use it to get your point across in a different way. Just a little bit of advice who has seen people come into this forum and just plain piss people off through ignorance.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4435741&mpage=1&key=

quote:

thewood1
Matrix Legion of Merit

Status: online It actually is clear with some common sense. This is why knowing the game and having some basic knowledge is important. Most weapon systems have ranges that differ if the can attack both air and ship targets. Its important you use the tools you have, the documentation you have, and the forum to understand the game.

In other words, do some of your own work. You are starting to dominate these boards with questions that you should be able to answer on your own. You have to be asked multiple times to put saves up, etc. Try helping yourself a little before posting. There are dozens of people who want to help other players. But making them work to understand the problem and then finding out you didn't even try to help yourself can be discouraging for you and them.

If you want to request a change in the game, go to the thread dedicated to that. Don't bury the request in a 20 post thread with 10 huge graphics. It will be hard for the devs to see it.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4416907&mpage=1&key=�

quote:

thewood1
Matrix Legion of Merit

Did you post a save of the issue as requested?...no

Did you wait a reasonable amount of time?...no, less than 24 hours, really?

So let's start there. If you are really that impatient, I would think common sense would say to provide as much information and description as possible.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4391196&mpage=1&key=�

quote:

thewood1
Matrix Legion of Merit

Status: online Yeah, but some of the stuff you are posting would be answered with a little more playing time. Fine if you see some UI issues, but game play issues are different. Making the devs answer questions that can be answered by reading the docs, watching the videos, and play the tutorials should answer a lot of those questions. I thin the devs have mentioned that a couple times. My advice comes from living it and watching others go through the same thing.

I would hope it would be a common courtesy to try and get at some answers yourself through the multitude of resources the devs and the community has tried to provide. I will also point out that coming in with a completely snarky attitude from the get go isn't convincing a lot of people to step in and help.

Note Players response to this!

< Message edited by BDukes -- 2/18/2018 1:01:38 AM >

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 8
RE: Moderator->TheWood Threats - 2/18/2018 1:03:19 AM   
BDukes

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

I was trying to take this private to avoid destroying a thread. He made a very blatant personal attack and gave him the benefit of the doubt with some advice. I do this when someone makes a personal attack and comes across as too immature to understand what they are saying. And this guy just validated it all.

Nobody should drink your poison. How many you drive off because they don't speak english good or maybe jaywalk? Please stop.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 9
RE: Moderator->TheWood Threats - 2/18/2018 1:37:26 AM   
HalfLifeExpert

Let's just put an end to this and close the thread please. There is nothing more to be gained for anyone.

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 10
RE: Moderator->TheWood Threats - 2/18/2018 1:49:27 AM   
thewood1

So I wonder who is stalking now...

just to close things out, this is how sensitive this guys is...from a PM...

"Please do not contact me.

My ISP suggest email you ISP and ask that harassment stop.

Thank You "

So he wants me not to contact him, yet drop all of that stuff up there and still sends me a PM. I am sure his ISP laughed at him.

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Moderator->TheWood Threats Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI