Idea for a scenario

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

elvendeathknight

Idea for a scenario

Post by elvendeathknight »

Hi,

I would like to have your suggestion about an idea. I prefer empire game style over pirates, but I like the fact that you must win over your homeplanet as a pirate.

So, to get that sort of feeling, I was thinking of making a game where I play some sort of lost mothership. I would give myself a decent ship (maybe with a colonisation module or some troops) and I would start somewhere in the galaxy. From there, I would take off all the techs that I have (in the sense that my crew know how to use their ship, but would not be able to build another one).

From there, I would have to find a decent planet or take over one. After that, it would be like starting like a pre-warp empire.

I was thinking about adding a construction ship and a few freighters with hyperdrive, in case I need to build a starport before being able to get a planet.

Any thoughts ?
Adam Hughes

RE: Idea for a scenario

Post by Adam Hughes »

Start with insight and a basic strategy such as the identification of the theme, and create a Core Idea.This is the idea at the heart of the campaign; it is the expression of the concept that explains the fresh, interesting elements in simple terms.

Return to “Design and Modding”