Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Advice re: side postures

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Advice re: side postures Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Advice re: side postures - 1/28/2018 7:50:46 PM   
rmunie0613

Looking for advice from some of the excellent scenario designers out there...

Here is what I am trying to do... put together a scenario with a lot of "neutrals" in a heavy shipping environment- say the Baltic, or the Strait of Hormuz area... an aggressor nation slipping its own ships in the style of WW2 German "raiders" into the mix to attack ships of another nation using Anti-surface missions... then of course the other nation patrolling but heavy penalties for hitting the "real" merchant ships, so that they need to ID an enemy before attacking it, either by witnessing a hostile act, or some ESM track of things like FCR.

All well and good, the mission works well from the "Blue" side (the side 'defending' ).
The problem is that on the ASuW "strike" side...the enemy are lighting up and firing on all of the neutrals...making it too easy to ID them. If I make them "friendly" to the neutrals, then the neutrals share contact information and they pick out my own patrols too easy...and the neutrals then turn hostile to me as they witness the fight between their "friends" and I...

Any suggestions to get around this much appreciated.

Loving the chance to get back into this game.
Post #: 1
RE: Advice re: side postures - 1/28/2018 9:42:02 PM   
Gunner98

I think the problem might be doctrine related.

Make sure the neutral shipping side is in fact neutral to the baddies.

Make sure that for the Red side, the doctrine vs surface contacts is tight on both the side doctrine and the mission doctrine. They will then need to identify the ships as hostile, so giving them some good ISTAR resources is a good idea as well.

Hope that helps

B

(in reply to rmunie0613)
Post #: 2
RE: Advice re: side postures - 1/28/2018 10:04:50 PM   
rmunie0613

Thank you Gunner...
Yes, they are neutral to the baddies... but your second paragraph may be it, and certainly gives me some new ideas also..very cool, thank you!

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 3
RE: Advice re: side postures - 1/28/2018 10:57:00 PM   
Randomizer

Make sure that the Auto-ID Neutrals box for the Red side is unchecked as well. Or not, checking the box could facilitate Red attacks on shipping but but might be a bit heavy-handed.

-C

(in reply to rmunie0613)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Advice re: side postures Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI