I have played Germany a great bit since the games inception and have been reluctant to play Germany again since I was concentrating on my weak side, the Soviets. I know I have turned down a great many people seeking a German player lately. I want to apologize to those people I turned away up front(I was looking to play Soviets and should have said so) and foremost that I may be taking one last game as Germany. I also will only take just one game and one game only. Having learned my lesson by taking on way too many games and getting burned out extremely bad. Again this is a possible future game (haven't fully 100% decided to do this yet) and the house rules I have been going over in my head are the following, which aren't final yet.
********* Again this is a possible future game that I'm kicking around.
* Server Game only (Sorry no PBEM)
* AAR if the community would like to see one otherwise there will not be one
* Sudden Death Grand Campaign game with added automatic Victory condition that any time in 1941 that the German control Leningrad, Moscow, Rostov, and Vorzonezh the game immediately ends in German Victory
* No Random weather
* No Para's
* No naval invasions until 42 and none past Sevstapol if German Occupied
* Full Blizzard
* Patch Version 11.1.01
* Soviets must garrison Finnish front with a minimum of 9 division. No fortified zones can be built to hold the Finish no move line(The one that starts on the border is ok) In addition this line can not be manned by AT Brigades. Soviet Inf brigades, armor brigades, armor divisions and inf Divisions are all ok to man this line if that is your desire
* Only 3 total airfield bombings allowed per turn and no more than 1 airfield bombing per hex. This rule takes effect Soviet Turn 1 (meaning Germany gets their surprise attack)
* No "single" unit mad dash to capture an industry city hex more than 10+ hexes away(exclusive) (i.e. a Moto division moving 25 hexes to capture an unoccupied Rostov that was left empty of units). Any open city 10 hexes (inclusive) or less is free game.
I have a few other options I was looking at but haven't decided to add them which is a little off the wall. I have some I'm not posting yet ;-).
- No leader can be changed in a Headquarter until the headquarter either lost 10 battles, won 5 battles or Sept 1 1941. The Soviets are allowed two leader changes up to Sept 1 that is not included in the requirement
- No invasion of Hungry by Soviets in 41 (When I see this I"m like, "Really"????)
Feel free to comment & thank you for reading.
*****Note that I'm negotiable on all these rules and there is no line in the sand*****
These house rules have to make game more realistic?
I suggest add two more
1. Soviet player has to make his turn after drinking glass of spirit.
No less than 70%. I know that it's LD50 for western player.
But we dont play in Africa or Normandy but its east front. Place for strong men.
2. German player has to make his turn after eating piece of panzer chocolate.