Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Lincoln 1141

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Lincoln 1141 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lincoln 1141 - 1/21/2018 8:51:40 AM   
wzfcns

"LINCOLN 1141 "
Designer:wzfcns
Date: 2 February 1141
Map scale:100m per hex
Time scale: 0.5 hour turns
Length: 12 turns

Civil war in England and Normandy between 1135 and 1153, which resulted in a widespread breakdown in law and order. The conflict was a succession crisis precipitated by the accidental death of William Adelin, the only legitimate son of Henry I, in 1120. Henry's attempts to install his daughter, the Empress Matilda, as his successor were unsuccessful and on Henry's death in 1135, his nephew Stephen of Blois seized the throne with the help of Stephen's brother, Henry of Blois, Bishop of Winchester. Stephen's early reign was marked by fierce fighting with English barons, rebellious Welsh leaders and Scottish invaders. Following a major rebellion in the south-west of England, Matilda invaded in 1139 with the help of her half-brother, Robert of Gloucester.

The forces of King Stephen of England had been besieging Lincoln Castle but were themselves attacked by a relief force loyal to Empress Matilda and commanded by Robert, 1st Earl of Gloucester, Matilda's half-brother. The Angevin army consisted of the divisions of Robert's men, those of Ranulf, Earl of Chester and those disinherited by Stephen, while on the flank was a mass of Welsh troops led by Madog ap Maredudd, Lord of Powys, and Cadwaladr ap Gruffydd. Cadwaladr was the brother of Owain, Prince of Gwynedd, but Owain did not support any side in the Anarchy. Stephen’s force included William of Ypres; Simon of Senlis; Gilbert of Hertford; William of Aumale, Alan of Richmond and Hugh Bigod but was markedly short of cavalry.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by wzfcns -- 1/21/2018 8:54:48 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Lincoln 1141 - 1/22/2018 9:49:30 PM   
rhinobones

Appreciate that you have selected an early period of history for a scenario. Refreshing to have something other than the endless reliving of WW2. However, I strongly suggest that you grab some period unit icons to replace the NATO icons. I’m sure that authors who have made custom icons would be more than gracious to let you adapted their work to your scenario(s).

Regards, RhinoBones

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

(in reply to wzfcns)
Post #: 2
RE: Lincoln 1141 - 1/24/2018 1:03:44 AM   
wzfcns

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhinobones

Appreciate that you have selected an early period of history for a scenario. Refreshing to have something other than the endless reliving of WW2. However, I strongly suggest that you grab some period unit icons to replace the NATO icons. I’m sure that authors who have made custom icons would be more than gracious to let you adapted their work to your scenario(s).

Regards, RhinoBones

Thanks a lot!I will try it!

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Lincoln 1141 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI