Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Battle of Sinhung-ni 1950(update ver1.04)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Battle of Sinhung-ni 1950(update ver1.04) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battle of Sinhung-ni 1950(update ver1.04) - 1/21/2018 8:46:16 AM   
wzfcns

Task Force Faith, also known as Task Force Maclean (and by its official designation, Regimental Combat Team 31 (RCT-31)) or the Polar Bear Regiment ,was a United States Army unit destroyed in fighting at the Battle of Chosin Reservoir during the Korean War between 27 November – 2 December 1950. On the 27 November,1950,Task Force Faith march north to Sinhung-Ni,a lttle town in north korea.US force plan to attack north the following morning.What they don't know is,PVA 80th Division has already wait them here for long.

The first five rounds after the fighting started, if PVA occupy the victory point on SinHuang-Ni, PVA direct victory;
On third round, U.S. Air Force began to provide support;
At the start of the fourth round, the supply point of the U.S in SinHung-Ni has disappeared, and the airlift supply has been replaced every three rounds. If the U.S has no control over SinHung-Ni, the airdrop will be canceled;the airdrop will be resumed after it is recaptured. Therefore, once the SinHung-Ni has been abandoned to make a breakthrough, , the U.S will be unable to obtain supplies; it will be left behind by the commanders of the U.S. military.
Due to the complex terrain in SinHung-Ni area, the 50% chance of an airdrop failure failed. The U.S. military received only 30% of the supplies and the volunteer army received a supply point for two rounds.
Each night round, PVA won the surprise addition.
After the fifth round, any U.S. unit arrived in the southwestern direction toward the end of the road in Hagaru-ri, U.S won directly.
Change Scenarios design to make it more historical. Increased U.S. loss intolerance and reduced PVA's. The goal of the U.S.Force is to reduce its own casualties as much as possible. Added a victory point for the volunteers in the north as the initial goal of US in the history

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by wzfcns -- 2/23/2018 12:36:58 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Battle of Sinhung-ni 1950 - 1/22/2018 9:33:17 PM   
rhinobones

I like small battles with tactical decisions. Good job. Looks like a really mean fight.

Where were the 1st Marines while this is going on?

Regards, RhinoBones

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

(in reply to wzfcns)
Post #: 2
RE: Battle of Sinhung-ni 1950 - 1/24/2018 1:02:38 AM   
wzfcns

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhinobones

I like small battles with tactical decisions. Good job. Looks like a really mean fight.

Where were the 1st Marines while this is going on?

Regards, RhinoBones

The 1st Marines were surrounded in Yudam-ni and Hagaru-ri by other five chinese divisions so that can't rescued 31RCT

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 3
RE: Battle of Sinhung-ni 1950 - 1/24/2018 1:52:00 AM   
rhinobones

A lot of good soldiers and Marines died at the reservoir, we should always remember.

Regards, RhinoBones

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

(in reply to wzfcns)
Post #: 4
RE: Battle of Sinhung-ni 1950 - 1/27/2018 5:44:57 PM   
CaptainKoloth

Thanks for this! There's a definite lack of Korean War scenarios/ new scenarios that aren't conversions from previous iterations of TOAW.

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Battle of Sinhung-ni 1950(update ver1.04) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI