Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit arrival hexes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Unit arrival hexes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit arrival hexes - 1/18/2018 5:20:36 PM   
Frozen Fritz

Anyone know what happens if a units arrival hex is occupied by an enemy unit at the time?

Does the arriving unit divert to another hex, or is it unable to enter the map?
Post #: 1
RE: Unit arrival hexes - 1/18/2018 5:46:15 PM   
thedoctorking

There are alternative arrival hexes. It's in the manual somewhere. Basically, they displace to the east.

(in reply to Frozen Fritz)
Post #: 2
RE: Unit arrival hexes - 1/18/2018 6:04:45 PM   
Aufklaerungs

18.1.1. Reinforcement Placement
Reinforcements appear per the unit reinforcement and withdrawal info screen (5.4.8). There are two methods of reinforcement placement for on-map units. In the first method, Axis combat and headquarters units will appear in the westernmost controlled city or urban hex of their nationality that does not violate stacking limits. Soviet combat and headquarters units will appear in the easternmost controlled city or urban hex under Soviet control, with the exception of the Moscow Defense Zone headquarters unit, which will appear in the vicinity of Moscow. Combat and headquarters units reinforcements that do not have an open spot in a valid city or urban hex will appear in a hex adjacent to a valid city or urban hex. If the situation should exist where there are no valid hexes available for the placement of a reinforcement unit, the unit will never appear. Destroyed combat and headquarters units that are reformed as nearly empty units to be rebuilt with replacements follow the same placement rules as above. In both these cases the units are placed on the map only in a city with the nationality matching the unit, with the westernmost (for Axis units) or easternmost (for Soviet units) valid city or urban hex being selected first.

Aufklärungs

(in reply to Frozen Fritz)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Unit arrival hexes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI