Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

GERMANY REFORGED CHANGED TARGET PREFERENCE?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> GERMANY REFORGED CHANGED TARGET PREFERENCE? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GERMANY REFORGED CHANGED TARGET PREFERENCE? - 1/14/2018 10:27:39 PM   
Zakalwe101

Have recently bought the Germany Reforged expansion and am slowly working my way through the challenging scenario's but I have found what I think is something odd, or rather it has highlighted something that may already exist, that is the target preferences. I have found that playing NATO they blast the hell out of BTR 60 units but any Tanks accompany them are largely left alone,or rather receive a lower target priority that seems somewhat odd. This has resulted in my tank units being picked off by T80U's with apparent impunity, whilst my tank units expend ammunition, and readiness firing at BTR60's.

I realise HQ and AAA/SAM targets would be very desirable targets for destruction but I wonder if NATO crews would ignore tank targets to shoot at them. A BTR60 company at 200Om is no immediate threat to M1A1 platoon but 10 T80U at 2000m is an immediate threat to life and limb.

I guess the target preference is presently written in the game code and there is no way I can modify it. Question - will Southern Storm allow user defined target priorities.

Z
Post #: 1
RE: GERMANY REFORGED CHANGED TARGET PREFERENCE? - 1/15/2018 1:24:03 PM   
CapnDarwin

Z,

No change in game code in the DLC. It is possible that some of the fixes and tweaks over the past few updates has had some impact on the AI's assessment of of threats and kill potential. The AI attempts to take "good" shots where a decent chance of a kill can be scored. It is also possible that certain units do not see the enemy for a number of factors. If shot at, most units will return fire by any means to degrade/kill the attacker. My guess is the BTRs were a better shot to take at 2000m over the 80Us.

Sorry the AI response is hard coded. Yes, we do plan on having a level of SOP to allow players to set basic parameters. The AI will still react to other threats of course, but at least you will be able to shift the "weight" of the decisions some.

Work on Southern Storm continues. OTS will be at Connections UK in September (William)!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Zakalwe101)
Post #: 2
RE: GERMANY REFORGED CHANGED TARGET PREFERENCE? - 1/15/2018 11:04:09 PM   
Zakalwe101

thanks for the reply ( I don't think there are many game designer teams who are so attentive to their customers) , I look forward to Southern storm and the new challenges it will bring.
Z

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> GERMANY REFORGED CHANGED TARGET PREFERENCE? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI