Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Replacing Goering?/BF 109s use or no use 20mm wing cannons?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Replacing Goering?/BF 109s use or no use 20mm wing cannons? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Replacing Goering?/BF 109s use or no use 20mm wing cann... - 1/11/2018 1:40:49 AM   
VonCurry

Sorry if these are annoying It's very difficult to find tips for WITW vs WITE
I remember people would replace the OKH commander in WITE, that got me thinking I wonder how many people replace Goering?

Also if you haven't gathered I'm trying to maximize my Fighters, So I ask are the 20mm Wing cannon addons a go or no go for players?
Post #: 1
RE: Replacing Goering?/BF 109s use or no use 20mm wing ... - 1/11/2018 5:35:46 AM   
loki100

in truth, you are so short of admin pts that any command changes are hard to do and Goering is not your worst problem.

What I do is identify the Luftwaffe commands with the best commanders and make sure they control the key formations. If needs be, I'll move that command to a new area of the map and re-organise as the war develops (eg in Italy in 1943 and France in 1944).

If I'm using my fighters defensively (eg the day and night fighters in Germany), I tend to give them all I can. I usually take off drop tanks as I want them operating in relatively limited areas so you can absorb any hit on performance by that trade off.

I'm not sure that playing the Axis in WiTW really helps with WiTE. Some issues are obvious (ie the air war is so different) but you are also working with very different constraints. I've been testing WiTE2 and even then the differences are substantial but mainly a product of the game scale. As an eg, both the Luftwaffe and the VVS tended to use short range fighters and bombers, the result is a degree of dispersion as you cope with the relatively poor provision of airbases ... which is not often much of an issue in WiTW.

(in reply to VonCurry)
Post #: 2
RE: Replacing Goering?/BF 109s use or no use 20mm wing ... - 1/11/2018 11:52:33 AM   
Searry

Göring will most likely be replaced very soon if the Allied player is good enough. He's usually gone at least by turn 5.
As loki100 said, give them the guns but take away their drop tanks so they don't fly off to the channel to intercept day bombers.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Replacing Goering?/BF 109s use or no use 20mm wing cannons? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI