Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Force Editor works(!) but it does not look that way

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Force Editor works(!) but it does not look that way Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Force Editor works(!) but it does not look that way - 1/6/2018 9:11:37 PM   
John T_MatrixForum

I found a problem with pasting formations in the force editor.

I copy a formation

Assigns new units to a new formation ( from [unassigned to "211.Infantry")

Closes the force editor

Opens the force editor, now the new formation are show with the last formation name in the force,
and the next formation got the new formation name.

I dump the OOB XML and everything is Perfect in the data structure, so it is only the force edit that screws (or eschews) the
unit - formation connection.

So I save the scenario, confident that it will be OK when loaded again.

Loads it and now it looks good

THen I like to move this formation, so I cut the formation and pastes it on the right place in the OOB and
yet again the unit - Formation connection screws up in the display.
(Pic in next post)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John T_MatrixForum -- 1/6/2018 9:33:25 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Force Editor works(!) but it does not look that way - 1/6/2018 9:15:18 PM   
John T_MatrixForum

Here comes the second pic.

Attachment (1)

/John T

(in reply to John T_MatrixForum)
Post #: 2
RE: Force Editor works(!) but it does not look that way - 1/7/2018 3:34:30 AM   
Lobster

Make a unit. Call it something like Inf Rgt. Open 'File' in top menu bar. Click on Save Unit as... Pick a spot to save it. Now you have that unit to use where ever and when ever you need it. Never have to make it again. Do that for each unit in a division and you can make that same type of division any place, any time. If you are making a huge OOB more then two people can work on it. Each person makes units, saves them. Sends the files to the other person. The other person inserts them where needed. Hopefully Ralph will make us a 'Save Formation as...

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Post #: 3
RE: Force Editor works(!) but it does not look that way - 1/13/2018 11:01:15 AM   
John T_MatrixForum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

Make a unit. Call it something like Inf Rgt. Open 'File' in top menu bar. Click on Save Unit as... Pick a spot to save it. Now you have that unit to use where ever and when ever you need it. Never have to make it again. Do that for each unit in a division and you can make that same type of division any place, any time. If you are making a huge OOB more then two people can work on it. Each person makes units, saves them. Sends the files to the other person. The other person inserts them where needed. Hopefully Ralph will make us a 'Save Formation as...

Dear Sir

My first post is a try at explaning a bug in the sequence of
Copy formation - Cut formation - Paste formation

As the functionality already available in the force editor, albeit with a bug that I tried to explain in my first post.

Kind Regards
/John

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 4
RE: Force Editor works(!) but it does not look that way - 1/13/2018 12:09:37 PM   
Oberst_Klink

John

the bug has been reported and put forward to the dev.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

Post #: 5
RE: Force Editor works(!) but it does not look that way - 1/13/2018 1:54:04 PM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: John T_MatrixForum

quote:

Dear Sir

My first post is a try at explaning a bug in the sequence of
Copy formation - Cut formation - Paste formation

As the functionality already available in the force editor, albeit with a bug that I tried to explain in my first post.

Kind Regards
/John

And I'm giving you a way to work around copying and pasting entire formations.

Because until the scenario editor is reworked we are stuck with what we have. This bug was reported months and months ago but because the scenario editor is being totally remade it has not been addressed.

< Message edited by Lobster -- 1/13/2018 2:02:23 PM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Post #: 6
RE: Force Editor works(!) but it does not look that way - 1/14/2018 8:16:19 AM   
John T_MatrixForum

quote:

And I'm giving you a way to work around copying and pasting entire formations.

Because until the scenario editor is reworked we are stuck with what we have. This bug was reported months and months ago but because the scenario editor is being totally remade it has not been addressed.

Oki, I haven't seen a outstanding bug list (is there any on the forum?) and did knew about a possible remake.

Cheers
/John

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Force Editor works(!) but it does not look that way Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI