Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Screen shot seems to show 5 rounds and 8 rounds at the same time

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Screen shot seems to show 5 rounds and 8 rounds at the same time Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Screen shot seems to show 5 rounds and 8 rounds at the ... - 1/5/2018 12:00:21 AM   
Fred98

I am still learning the game mechanics and was studying a feature.

I moved some troops forward and attacked a small unit. I moved, attacked and moved attacked a few times. The attacks were resolved automatically.

This did not use up any "rounds".

On the last time the attack was not resolved automatically. I had to push "Complete all battles" button.

This caused the "rounds" to jump to 5. In spite of that the screen shot shows that the battle took 1 round and I have used 8 rounds!

I don't understand!

Post #: 1
RE: Screen shot seems to show 5 rounds and 8 rounds at ... - 1/5/2018 12:09:48 AM   
Meyer1

I guess that the combat lasted one round but started in round 7, perhaps because that unit attacked from an hex with a BTS. Or not, just that the combat started late because of other reasons. Checking the combat chart should clarify it.

< Message edited by Meyer1 -- 1/5/2018 12:19:52 AM >

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 2
RE: Screen shot seems to show 5 rounds and 8 rounds at ... - 1/5/2018 12:14:45 AM   
Meyer1

Keep in mind that when you make an enemy unit to "retreat before combat" (RBC, or what you meant by "resolved automatically") also leaves a BTS in that hex so if other of your units move through that hex or attack from there it will pay a penalty by the way of movement points/starting the attack in a later round.

(in reply to Meyer1)
Post #: 3
RE: Screen shot seems to show 5 rounds and 8 rounds at ... - 1/5/2018 12:21:45 AM   
Meyer1

Oh, and the turn advancing to round 5 instead of round 8:

From the manual, 14.1:

quote:

This is a new feature that (hopefully) will finally resolve the issue to the enjoyment of everyone. Under TOAW IV, after all combats are resolved, the player-turn will advance to the combat round of the MEDIAN length combat. In other words, if there were seven combats that lasted 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, & 6 rounds respectively then the player turn would advance only two rounds, instead of the six rounds of before. Note that this means that three combats lasted longer than the round of the new combat phase. This will be accounted for by placing a TIME STAMP in those three hexes that will equal their actual ending round.

(in reply to Meyer1)
Post #: 4
RE: Screen shot seems to show 5 rounds and 8 rounds at ... - 1/5/2018 7:12:07 PM   
Oberst_Klink

It also could be the case, what Fred described, that the AD and/or MRPB weren't adjusted. Worth checking.

My suggestion for Crusader '41, which is 5km/hex and 1 day/turn scenario: AD=14 and MRPB=3. On top of that, I adjusted other thingies, basically using Bob's CFNA values; works fine now. :) Supply distribution was an issue, but not as bad as being portrayed in some older TOAW I vanilla scenarios. Just my suggestion and out of experience...

2x-check it, Fred.

Klink, Oberst

< Message edited by Oberst_Klink -- 1/5/2018 8:18:41 PM >

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Meyer1)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Screen shot seems to show 5 rounds and 8 rounds at the same time Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI