Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

39-45 (aka War In Europe)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> 39-45 (aka War In Europe) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
39-45 (aka War In Europe) - 12/25/2017 3:27:01 AM   
Silvanski

39-45
Patrick Feyret
(assumed to be the ultimate version of his War In Europe)

50 km/hex
1 week per turn
311 turns

::PO for both sides::

TOAW IV conversion by Silvanski
*fixed reconstitution set per nation
so there is no risk of Red Army units
reconstituting in London or Madrid ;-)
*MRPB 4
*NAD 100
*Added eqp file to have V1 and V2 named

*Note that the original scenario was in French.
Placenames will be mainly in the French equivalent

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Silvanski -- 12/25/2017 4:26:43 AM >

The TOAW Redux Dude
Post #: 1
RE: 39-45 (aka War In Europe) - 12/2/2018 9:38:10 AM   
basilstaghare

I like the scope and feel of this scenario. Looking at some of equipment choices, Im wondering why the designer used some of the equipment he did? AC47 Gunships, P-39's for French and some Axis Fighters, M5 Stuarts as early war tanks for Axis and Allies, etc.. Maybe database limitations?

I also notice that even though the Italians are not yet in the war at game start (Sept '39) much of their army is active and available anyway. I guess most folks handle with house rules or something?

Thanks.

(in reply to Silvanski)
Post #: 2
RE: 39-45 (aka War In Europe) - 12/4/2018 2:12:29 PM   
gwgardner

Thanks for making this available.

Playing the Axis, in Sept 1939 the potential minor Allies' air forces are seemingly active. Air AI uses the Finnish air against Soviet ships, Italian vs Allied ships in the Med, etc. Is there any way to stop that? Those forces are shown as inactive, but are not as far as the AI is concerned.

I thought the way to stop it is to not allow the Air AI to control those forces, but they are not checked as under PO control in the formation list.

< Message edited by gwgardner -- 12/4/2018 9:21:22 PM >

Aggressors: Ancient Rome
My favorite 4x game now.

http://www.slitherine.com/products/723/details/Aggressors.Ancient.Rome

(in reply to basilstaghare)
Post #: 3
RE: 39-45 (aka War In Europe) - 12/5/2018 11:59:30 AM   
basilstaghare

quote:

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

Playing the Axis, in Sept 1939 the potential minor Allies' air forces are seemingly active. Air AI uses the Finnish air against Soviet ships, Italian vs Allied ships in the Med, etc. Is there any way to stop that? Those forces are shown as inactive, but are not as far as the AI is concerned.

I thought the way to stop it is to not allow the Air AI to control those forces, but they are not checked as under PO control in the formation list.

I have experienced the same thing. Doesnt seem to be anyway to stop the inactive countries from conducting air attacks. Enjoying the scenario though...

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 4
RE: 39-45 (aka War In Europe) - 12/5/2018 4:44:10 PM   
gwgardner

Are you playing 'free-style' or keeping to an historical track, in terms of when to invade, etc. I'm playing along a historical timeline, but given that the scenario starts with Germany already at war with Denmark and the Low Countries (at least their units are active, and I saw I could target Dutch troops in 1939), one could certainly do things differently.

My favorite 4x game now.

Post #: 5
RE: 39-45 (aka War In Europe) - 12/5/2018 11:30:09 PM   
basilstaghare

Free-style. Ex: I invaded France after Poland fell in Sep '39. The winter cease fire went into effect before I could take out France though I did force the low countries to surrender and made it to the outskirts of Paris. Waiting for the winter sitzkrieg to end to renew the conquest. Feb 40 right now...

What is your take on the scale being divisional vs. corps level? I am having some severe traffic control issues with the high number of units and the narrow front in France. Maybe this gets better when the East front opens up. I would also have liked the designer to have used some different naming conventions for the formations vs. 1939/1 etc.. Anyway, still enjoying the scenario.

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 6
RE: 39-45 (aka War In Europe) - 12/6/2018 12:15:09 PM   
gwgardner

I'd prefer corps level at this scale, but at least the number of divisions seems to be historical. The naming is unfortunate. There's no indication of overstacking, at 9 infantry divisions per hex, although I don't see the green circle indicator of good stacking either, so I'm not sure that feature is being modeled.

My favorite 4x game now.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> 39-45 (aka War In Europe) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI