This has been a huge year for us, releasing tons of new games and expansions, but next year will be just as great, if not even more!
Some of the games that will come out during 2018 have already been announced, and today we'll make a quick list to remind you what you will be waiting for!
- Warhammer 40,000: Gladius – Relics of War: Warhammer 40,000: Gladius – Relics of War incorporates the dark, gothic, far future science-fantasy setting in ways never tried before. A brand new, deep storyline has been created to combine elements of 4X gameplay with a combat-focused system. The construction of infrastructures and exploration of an unknown world goes hand in hand with the management of military resources, including heroes with special abilities and mighty war machines.
- Wars of Succession: Ageod’s Wars of Succession is a new game designed to cover two major wars that consumed Europe at the eve of the 18th Century. One was the War of Spanish Succession (1701-1713), pitting the French & Spanish Bourbons monarchs against the Grand Alliance built by Austrian Habsburg, Britain and the United Provinces. The other is the Great Northern War (1700-1721), between Sweden and Russia (and her allies), most of which focused around the succession of Poland. The two wars can be played in separate scenarios. Or there can be a huge 4-players scenario allowing both wars to be played simultaneously.
- Empires Apart: Empires Apart is a Real Time Strategy game set in medieval times.
You will lead one of six uniquely designed factions in outstanding procedurally generated maps. Each game is a totally different experience as you collect resources, assemble your army and wage war against your enemies.
Play as the Aztecs, Chinese, French, Mongols, Arabs or Byzantines and fight with up to 7 opponents in ranked matches and lobbies. Or chose skirmish mode against the AI to train your skills before you challenge your friends in multiplayer mode. Gather resources during the day and withstand hordes of enemies at night in Survival Mode.
- Desert War: Brian Kelly’s Desert War: 1940-42 captures the drama of the campaign for North Africa during World War II.
This is an operational level, ground-centric wargame that recreates the epic tank battles fought between the Axis and Allies for possession of Libya and Egypt.
It consists of a series of historical and “What-if” scenarios that allow the players to explore the ebb and flow of the actual conflict.
- Armored Brigade: Armored Brigade is a real-time tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability. The game has drawn inspiration from classics such as Close Combat, Steel Panthers and Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.
In Armored Brigade the Cold War has turned hot, and Europe is once again torn apart by conflict. An "Iron Curtain" divides the Western Powers gathered together under the NATO banner from the Soviet Union and its Warsaw Pact Allies.
Take command of the deadliest mechanized formations available during an arc of time spanning from the Kennedy-Chrušcev confrontation to the final years, and fight your opponents in large and detailed maps all across Europe.
- Panzer Corps 2: Panzer Corps 2 is currently in development using Unreal Engine 4, to allow an impressive leap forward in both technological capabilities and visual impact. Hundreds of World War 2 units will be shown with a level of quality and detail never seen before in a wargame.
The move to a fully 3D engine is a natural evolution of the game, but the core gameplay will always remain true to its roots: pay tribute to the classic gameplay of a distant golden age of strategy gaming, refine it, perfect it and use the most recent technologies to enhance these experiences and bring them to a new generation of gamers. In other words, strike the perfect balance between tradition and innovation, both in visuals and gameplay.
- Close Combat - The Bloody First: The latest title of this landmark series has now reached 'alpha' stage and we are confident that will be announced soon. We can't say too much more at this stage but we are sure it will please its many fans and the Matrix community. Stay tuned for further updates!
Also, there are many game that will receive new expansions, such as Order of Battle WWII, Field of Glory II, Battlestar Galactica Deadlock, Sanctus Reach and Command.
We will also release Heroes of Normandie on Xbox One!
As you can see, this 2018 looks really promising and, of course, there will be many more games that we will release during the next year. We hope you'll be looking forward to them!