Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anyone know a good scenario that manipulates supply?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Anyone know a good scenario that manipulates supply? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anyone know a good scenario that manipulates supply? - 12/9/2017 11:32:32 AM   
Grognerd_INC

Need to dump the scenario and take a look at the events.

Time to work supply in my scenario and I need to see how others work the ebb and flow of supply points, values, throw range, ownership etc.

Thought I found one a few days ago that changed supply back and forth depending on who owned the port, but now I can't find it! Figures...
Post #: 1
RE: Anyone know a good scenario that manipulates supply? - 12/9/2017 1:02:59 PM   
gbaby

quote:

Thought I found one a few days ago that changed supply back and forth depending on who owned the port, but now I can't find it! Figures...

You just place a supply point at a location for BOTH sides. It will appear and be used by the side that owns the hex. Once the other side captures it, it will convert to their own supply point for supply, and back and forth.

Mostly used for ports, but can be anywhere. In the editor, you can recognize those "two supply points in same location" because its a "shared" color, as apposed to blue or red.

< Message edited by gbaby -- 12/9/2017 1:03:49 PM >

(in reply to Grognerd_INC)
Post #: 2
RE: Anyone know a good scenario that manipulates supply? - 12/9/2017 1:42:53 PM   
Grognerd_INC

The campaign has a complex supply situation.

In some cases capturing a Japanese supply point does not help the Allies. It took the Allies quite some time to get a convoy supply line up to speed. Japanese had similar issues due to the Cactus Air Force (mostly)

Trying to convert the information on logistics I have into the way TOAW handles supply is a bit challenging!

Looking for other scenario's that have "creative" use of Events to handle their unique supply issues. Scenario Dumps can be helpful.

(in reply to gbaby)
Post #: 3
RE: Anyone know a good scenario that manipulates supply? - 12/9/2017 2:23:47 PM   
sPzAbt653

D-Day to the Ruhr has a pretty complex Supply Dynamic for the Allies.

Post #: 4
RE: Anyone know a good scenario that manipulates supply? - 12/9/2017 7:56:20 PM   
Grognerd_INC

Dang, you must be a programmer type - Ha! Thanks for the input, I'm looking through it.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 5
RE: Anyone know a good scenario that manipulates supply? - 12/10/2017 4:48:17 AM   
76mm

I think Korea 50-51 has some supply changes as well, but nothing especially complicated.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Anyone know a good scenario that manipulates supply? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI