Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BLUE STEEL 2001

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> BLUE STEEL 2001 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BLUE STEEL 2001 - 12/6/2017 8:08:03 AM   
larryfulkerson

BLUE STEEL 2001
A hypothetical modern-day battle resembling the WW2 Battle of Prokhorovka pitting a US-style force attacking a Soviet-style force.

Date:April 1, 2001
Map Scale: 2.5km hexes
Time Scale: 6-Hour turns
Unit Scale: Company-Battalion
Length: 18 Turns
Human player: Both sides and PBEM

UNIT COLORS:
RED
Guards: Black on Red
Regular: White on Red

BLUE
All: Black on Blue

SIGNIFICANT EVENTS

Blue ground forces have a 8% shock bonus on turn 1.
Red forces will use chemical weapons each turn from turn 13 onwards if losing by a slight margin.
Blue forces will use chemical weapons each turn from turn 13 onward if losing by a substantial margin.
Red Scud SSM units will appear off-map with helicopter units.
Supply radius for both sides is 10 hexes.
Auto rail repair is on for both sides.

BACKGROUND

The Kalibo Valley is split into three separate corridors. From the western mountain range lies a sandy, arid shelf that extends to the impassable, sheer Massif cliffs. From the Massif Cliffs to the wide, impassable Kalibo River to the east lies the fertile central corridor of the Kalibo Valley. From the Kalibo River to the mountain range at the eastern edge of the Kalibo River is another fertile corridor. Highway 5 runs from Baltor, in the north, through the central corridor of the Kalibo Valley to Mandigo in the south. The only entrances between the three corridors are at the northern and southern ends of the valley.
The Blue force has their 7th Corps, with 4 divisions and supporting units, poised to strike north to capture the exits to the Kalibo Valley north of Podham and Baltor. They launch a surprise attack on April Fool's Day, 2001.
If they manage that they can break out into the open plains beyond before the Red Force can bring up reinforcements.
The Red force has their 1st Tank Army, with 7 divisions and supporting units, moving up to counter the attack. A thin screen covers the northern approaches, covering the arrival of the rest of the 1st Tank Army.
The stage is set for this classic meeting engagement of two powerful armored forces. As the Blue Force can you break the Red lines and reach the northern exits? As the Red Force can you stop the Blue tide and maintain your hold on the exits to the Kalibo Valley?

Scenario design: Eric R. Larsen
E-mail address: ELarsen69@cs.com

Attachment (1)

if the human race ever does get to be space fairing and be able to visit other worlds, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> BLUE STEEL 2001 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI