Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bay of Pigs '61

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Bay of Pigs '61 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bay of Pigs '61 - 12/6/2017 7:21:55 AM   
larryfulkerson

Bay of Pigs '61

Operation Zapata

Date: 4/16/61 PM
Map Scale: 2.5 km/hex
Turn Scale: 1/2 day turns
Unit Scale: Companies & Battalions
Length: 14 turns

UNIT COLOR KEY:
Free Cubans: Blue on Tan
U.S. Navy: Blue on Green

Cuban Regular Army: Tan on Red
Cuban Militia: White on Red
Cuban Air Force: Black on Red

SIGNIFICANT EVENTS:
Theater Option for USS Essex Support

New Year's Day 1959 saw the dictator Batista flee Cuba as Fidel Castro marched triumphantly towards Havana. As a white dove landed on his shoulder, Castro proclaimed "There is no enemy."

Then, the executions began and the Communists came into power.

CIA-trained Cuban exiles prepared in Guatemala and Florida for an invasion of Cuba. They were promised US support for, variously, a capture of Havana or continued guerilla operations. Assualt Brigade 2506 was formed. It was led by Jose Perez San Roman, and trained by several CIA men known only by first names, like "Frank", or "Nick". The assault began with a nighttime amphibious invasion (never done by the US in World War II or since) at 11:00 pm on the night of Sunday, April 16th, 1961.

Free Cuba notes:
The important decision for the Free Cuban player is whether or not to ask for open U.S. support (which costs 80 VP's). Then, the CIA will let Cuban pilots fly P-51's from Nicaragua and the USS Essex will support the Brigade. Otherwise, the Cuban Air Force sinks the supply ships, and the only air support is the virtually defenseless B-26's. The player can attempt to capture as much land as possible, or make a run for the mountains to begin a guerilla force. If there is US support, a run for the mountains might not gain enough VP's. It will be very difficult to win without US support, and with US support, you must surpass the historical "high-water" point of the invasion to win.

Castro's Cuba notes:
Though you possess a much larger force, the quality is low (as seen in the annihilation of 339th Lost Brigade and the lack of pursuit during the real battle), and mercenaries may gain powerful air assets. The challenge will be to divine Free Cuban intentions and defeat them to gain victory.

This scenario is based on information from "Bay of Pigs", the book written by the leaders of the 2506 Assault Brigade, some details came from the declassified CIA report on the Bay of Pigs, and much of the Cuban armed force information was invented. If you have suggestions or comments please email them to cooper131@juno.com

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 12/6/2017 7:22:31 AM >

Star Trek: TNG Bridge Background Ambience (no conversations)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLrfdcz8Ou4
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Bay of Pigs '61 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI